Need help understanding your bill?
Ericagr's profile

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 3:39 PM

Beware of switcher program

I know owe my previous carrier up to $1200 for my past phones. Even though ATT will give you bill credit for your previous phones , it will not give you immediate money to pay your previous carrier , keep in mind you are receiving a credit for your old phones however the credit it applied to the $650 they will pay for you to switch. So when you do the math you will end up paying a huge amount upfront to your previous carrier, especially if you have multiple phones, I had 5. I only switched because customer service makes it seem as if you will not have to pay to switch but it is not the case. It is not a easy process to get any rebate for your bill. I have been trying to get my bill uploaded and processed for the last week and it keeps coming back invalid. You will not receive good customer service even though I have been with ATT for at least 14 years with other services. I have received plenty of smart mouth replies on how I didn't do my homework on a previous thread, nothing to be any help. I have 3 children, 1 of which is in college. I will end up having to pay this previous bill out of pocket which I was not prepared to do or risk being sent to collections which will affect my credit and possibly affect getting loans to put my child through college. I would have never switched if I was told I would have to pay my old carrier such a large amount upfront

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

ATT offer.   https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/switch-and-save-etf.html

T-mobile offer.   https://www.t-mobile.com/offer/switch-carriers-no-early-termination-fee.html

Verizon offer.  https://www.verizonwireless.com/promos/switch-and-save/

All EXACTLY the same.  All deduct trade in credit from the reimbursement   

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

Well I was just billed $726 dollars by ATT , for my first bill , they billed me for 2 months after 1 months service, , so I know I at $22 dollar credit, they billed me for 2 months, they also have charged me for the 2 phones instead of one like it it advertised, buy one get one free. So I know have no time to pay my $1200 dollar bill for the phones from my previous carrier. So what is your point now? They refuse to help at all after being a 10 plus year customer. So where is that in the agreement? 2 months ? So that conviently ate up any credits I had

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Ericagr wrote:
Well I was just billed $726 dollars by ATT , for my first bill , they billed me for 2 months after 1 months service, 

The first bill is always wonky as it has part of a partial and full (and maybe activation fees).

so I know I at $22 dollar credit, they billed me for 2 months, they also have charged me for the 2 phones instead of one like it it advertised, buy one get one free.

If you read the advertisement it says the credits do not start for 2-3 bills (and will credit you multiple credits the when it first starts to make up the missed credits).

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

Well thank you for that clarification of the fine print.

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

Also it was not a partial bill, I was billed for the 2 months

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Ericagr

Most of which you actually don't have to pay as you got credits for your 5 phones when you traded them in.  So take the amount you didn't have to pay ATT because of those credits, and pay it to T-mobile so they don't send you to collections.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Ericagr wrote:
Also it was not a partial bill, I was billed for the 2 months

You got one bill for two FULL months?  Not one 30 day month and maybe the other is 29 days?

I've never seen a full two months before and I would love to see a screen shot of that. I'd be happy to revise my wording for future posts if you would be willing to share that (privately, if it has private info on the page and you don't know how to edit it).

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

ATT just billed me for 2 months for my first bill today , so that has done away with my credits . $729 to be exact so any other suggestions?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Ericagr wrote:
ATT just billed me for 2 months for my first bill today , so that has done away with my credits . $729 to be exact so any other suggestions?

Again, I feel like you're not reading the posts...

I just asked you for clarification on this (please share a copy the bill) and you responded with even LESS information.

Guru

• 

382 Messages

7 years ago

Verizon is bad about billing two months on the first bill. My first Att bill had 1 month and a day plus the activation fee. You'll get the second month back when you end service, because it will go towards your final bill. Verizon and TMO did that to me. I didn't owe anything on my last bill.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.