Need help understanding your bill?
Yochana's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 4:19 PM

Beware: 1. stop Autopay, 2. call CS, 3. answer ATT text message, 4. call Office of the President.

1. I stopped autopay, and a week later ATT took the payment out of my account.

2. I spent over 90 minutes, mostly on hold, with offshore CS. All were rude, sounded like they were multitasking, asked over and over if I said anything, hung up, put on hold and not put in que. One rep put me on hold for 36 minutes and not in que until I called ATT from another phone. Suddenly, I heard ATT kick in--Offshore CS has time to play games with customers, but not provide customer service. Ask to speak to a supervisor--get another rep, a hold to nowhere, hung up on, a supervisor who claims that he cannot hear you and no call back as promised.

3. I answered a text message from ATT regarding CS contact, and got slammed with Muscle Milk text alerts, immediately stopped them and am waiting yo see if charges appear on my bill.

4. Called the Office of the President. Rep gave me a running dialogue of what ATT is doing to resolve (named 1) issues. Told me that it looks like my cancellation of autopay "did not go through." Told me that the slam was not ATT, but my phone. Like the CS reps who lie and blame the customer, Office the President does the same.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

Is it possible one of these situations happened? Specifically #5 if you cancel autopay its for the next billing month and if you have a pending autopay that needs to be cancelled separately   Discontinue AutoPay
You can cancel AutoPay and pay manually each month. Note that you won’t be able to discontinue AutoPay if your service or credit status requires automatic payments.
  1. Do one of the following:
  2. Select Manage AutoPay
  3. Select Discontinue AutoPay.
  4. Select Yes, discontinue.
  5. If there's a pending automatic payment, you also have the option to cancel this payment.
  6. To cancel AutoPay for another AT&T service, repeat the above steps for each account.

Note: Bills not paid in full by the payment due date will incur a late payment charge.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for the information. However, I completed those steps. Various customer service reps and Office of the President rep all said different spans of time (different times between 6 weeks and 1 hour) it takes for the cancellation. I received either outright blaming that it was my mistake, they could not "verify" what I was telling them, or no good answer for the question of how ATT illegally accessed my bank account after I canceled autopay, and did not schedule a payment.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Yochana wrote:

Thank you for the information. However, I completed those steps. Various customer service reps and Office of the President rep all said different spans of time (different times between 6 weeks and 1 hour) it takes for the cancellation. I received either outright blaming that it was my mistake, they could not "verify" what I was telling them, or no good answer for the question of how ATT illegally accessed my bank account after I canceled autopay, and did not schedule a payment.

There really are only two options: Either you cancelled autopay but not the pending payment, or the cancellation of the pending payment was too close to the payment date to process in time. 

Does your current bill indicate autopay or does it say that the payment must be made by the due date?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.