Need help understanding your bill?
riverrat317's profile

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Monday, May 8th, 2017 9:28 PM

Being screwed over by AT&T

I bought the Samsung Note 7's on a BOGO deal through Costco in Aug. 2016. Everything was going great until the Note 7's were recalled and we had to return the phones and choose something else. We returned the Note 7's in Dec 2016 to the Costco kiosk. The representative there told us to get the BOGO deal on the new Iphone 7's that we were purchasing she would cancel the new line of service that we started with the new Note 7 and start a new line of service for the Iphone 7.  She had to make several calls and was hung up on 4 or 5 times before she ever got that done while I sat and waited for over 2 hours.  So now I have contracts for 2 Iphone 7's for the BOGO deal but I have not received any credit for the free phone since purchasing in Dec. 2016.  AT&T back office, escalating team, Supervisors, whatever they are called want to say because the the Note 7 number was dropped I am not eligible for the BOGO deal on the Iphone 7's.  I did not ask for the number to be dropped, this was done by the phone representitive.  I have called AT&T for the past few months inquiring about this.  Have been told different things, from being told I would receive a call bac,, (NEVER HAPPENED) to it being esculated. I have been a customer for numerous years. Right now I am NOT HAPPY!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Nope you got screwed by Costco.   The iPhone 7 was NOT an option as a Bogo phone in August.  and canceling the first line, adding another line wiped out your first Bogo l rather than getting ATT to honor the August BOGO, which they would have done.  

Costco cannot be trusted, they foul these up more often than they get it right.

You got 2 phones and they will still be worth a lot next fall when the new Note phone comes out.  

Not sure when or how you got phones in December.  There was a limited holiday Bogo on the iPhone 7 if you added a line at the time of purchase.  (Not at another time)

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

The Iphone 7's were bought in Dec. when they were BOGO.  I asked if the BOGO deal would apply and was assured it would and she was handling the transaction the best way.  Otherwise we would not have bought the new phones, we would have use the old one and just dropped the new line after returning the Note 7's.  I do not buy new phones every year and would be keeping these until they croak which is what my Iphone 5 was near doing or I would have bought a used one. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Just to clarify, you added a new line in December and purchased a second iPhone at that same time?

And purchased between 12/16 to 12/24?

If yes, send a message through the forum here @ATTMobilityCare

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

On 8/20/2016 we purchased 2 Note 7's. One on an existing line, one on a new line.

On 12/19/2016 we returned the 2 Note 7's. The new line was dropped. We purchased 2 Iphone 7's. One for the existing line, one on a new line. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

The August purchase is immaterial, phones were returned.   No need to mention. 

Only the December purchase details need be forwarded to ATT through the message system.  

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

I sent this whole conversation.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

Well, I got a response from the ATT Mobility person Donna asking for phone #'s and Account #. Now nothing. How long does it take for someone to check the account and see the problem and correct it?? 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

you are not the only one that was screwed by ATT on this.  We upgraded 4 iphones in dec 16 and was reassured not only when we purchased them, but 3 more times over the next 3 months that we would get credits for the BOGO deal.  I have screen shots showing this.  They are now saying the rep misspoke and we needed to add lines to get the deal.  this was not discussed and in fact was told via chat (that i have) that we are set up properly to get the credits.  total nonsense.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@riverrat317

I give them no credit for being speedy.  But they are the best chance for in-house correction.  

Keep needling the person who contacts you and update on this thread.  They need to at least reply honestly if there is a problem with the promotions.   If nothing by the next bill, you need to file complaints with consumer protection groups. 🙁  

The forum regulars had to tell 3 posters they didn't qualify this week.  One didn't buy during a Bogo promotion period.  Another didn't add a line.  Another didn't port from a competing carrier.  ATT strung them around for months when they must have known they didn't qualify. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@emscfp wrote:

you are not the only one that was screwed by ATT on this.  We upgraded 4 iphones in dec 16 and was reassured not only when we purchased them, but 3 more times over the next 3 months that we would get credits for the BOGO deal.  I have screen shots showing this.  They are now saying the rep misspoke and we needed to add lines to get the deal.  this was not discussed and in fact was told via chat (that i have) that we are set up properly to get the credits.  total nonsense.

@emscfp   There is no such thing as "set up to get the credits". There is no code to enter or button to push.  The computer does just what a grocery store scanner does on 2 for one Dole peaches.  It sees one purchased, and scans the second one on the promotion for credits.  If all the requirements aren't done the computer doesn't automatically start credits.    I'm not the only one who would love to get a $1 for every time CSR tell customers "they qualify, just wait another month".   They either don't know, or are full of bull poop.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.