Need help understanding your bill?
kbrodnick's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, March 9th, 2017 6:14 PM

Being overcharged.

Issue for several months now.  I have spoken to so many different reps at At&t.  Last year during promotion i traded in iphone 6 for iphone 7 which was suppose to be free.  At&t store downtown brooklyn took phone for the trade in promotion.  Now its almost 5 months in and At&t is billing for new phone.  This is unacceptable.  I feel like im being robbed.  Im being told I cannot get my Iphone 6 back.  My old phone was in perfect condition.  I would have never upgraded if I knew this would be an issue. 

Trade in ID # ***

Please help.

Thank you

KB

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@kbrodnick 

A few questions before making suggestions (suggestions are generally based on the answers you give):

(Yes/No/Date works for most answers)

1. What model iPhone did you trade in?

2. Your purchased your iPhone 7 specifically on what date? (or order date)

3. You turned off Find My iPhone?

4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off?

5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? 

6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased?

7. You turned the old iPhone in at the AT&T store or in the mail? 

8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?

9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?

10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone?

11. What condition was the turned in iPhone?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

1.  IPHONE 6 64GB

2.  PHONE ORDER SEPT 26.  AT&T SAID.

3. FIND MY PHONE IS OFF.

4. IPHONE 6 WAS 100% PAID OFF.

5. PURCHASED PHONE IN STORES BECAUSE PHONE WAS AVAILABLE.

6.  NO LATE PAYMENTS EVER.

7.  TURNED IN PHONE AT LOCAL AT&T STORE NEAR JOB.

8. IPHONE 6 WAS TURNED IN ON 10-7-2016 ACCORDING TO RECEIPT.

9. YES $0.00 TRADE IN RECEIPT

10. ALL CODES REMOVED FROM IPHONE 6

11. PHONE WAS IN GREAT CONDITION DIDNT NEED TO UPGRADE. 

PLEASE HELP. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@kbrodnick I'm confused by answer #5, I asked if you purchased on Next and you said you purchased in a store. Next is the monthly payment system for phones and is required for this offer. 

Also, slightly confused as to if you got it in a store why you waited to turn in the phone, it shouldn't matter, it just struck me as off.

Unfortunately, that offer ended September 25, 2016 (through September 30, 2016 in Puerto Rico) http://att.com/tradeinoffer

While the reciept you got had $0.00 on it, was there any other number on the receipt? Mine had the $0.00 but also had $260 on it.  At a minimum you should be eligible for that amount.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I PURCHASED IN STORE WITH REP TELLING ME ABOUT TRADE IN PROMOTION.  I DIDNT KNOW WHAT NEXT WAS UNTIL NOW.  ALL STORES HAD SOLD OUT OF PHONE.  I CALLED AROUND AND FOUND PHONE AVAILABLE.  SO I WENT TO PURCHASE.  I HEAR WHEN THR OFFER WAS OVER BUT WHERE IS MY IPHONE 6.  AT&T HAS IT.  I COULD HAVE SOLD MY OLD PHONE.  THIS IS A RIP OFF.  BOTH RECEIPTS STATE, "ZERO".  I PAID TAX FOR NEW IPHONE.  UNACCEPTABLE, THIS WASNT MY FAULT.  THIS IS ROBBERY.  MIND YOU IM PAYING FOR IPHONE 7.  WHY?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@kbrodnick THERE IS NO QUESTION YOU SHOULD GET SOMETHING FOR THE IPHONE 6.

I'd send a message to @ATTMobilityCare and explain the problem to them and that you've gotten nothing for the phone at all.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare, they are a specialized customer care team that may be able to help. You should at the very least get trade in value for the iPhone 6.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you guys so much for some type of clarity.  Hopefully private message will be answered accordingly.  I have already reached out to the BBB.  So stressfull paid off Iphone 6 and now paying more for Iphone 7.  Pockets are hurting.  smh.  They didnt even try and give me credit for past months paying $31 dollars.  Somebody higher needs to know what their workers are doing. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I paid for the phone I had and purchased a upgrade iPhone, now I am still being charged for the old phone.  In addition, they changed my plan and are charging me more.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@docmurdock  Have you contacted ATT at all?   It sounds like they added a new number on new account, rather than upgrade your existing line.  

You can also message advanced support through the forum here @ATTMobilityCare 

give them account information on both accounts

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Issue already solved months ago. I was given credit for the phone but next program still applies. At and t has no way of stopping offer once locked in. Smh but thanks for trying to assist.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.