Need help understanding your bill?
BilayerDumpling's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 7th, 2019 5:05 PM

Being charged $20 for "Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail"

Hi guys, I upgraded my phone from Iphone 6 to Iphone 8 recently. My total bill this month came up to 125 from what I expected should have been ~$80. I looked closely on my bills, and other then the expected ~#0 one-time charge for "Upgrade Fee" (Even though this should be free because I haven't upgraded my phone for couple years), there's a new charge added for "Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail". What is this, is this going to be charged to me every month, and is there a way to end this service because I have no clue what this is for. I didn't sign up for this.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@BilayerDumpling 

everyone pays the upgrade fee.

The access for iphone is the line charge for the phone.  Then you have the data plan charge.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@BilayerDumpling wrote:

there's a new charge added for "Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail". What is this, is this going to be charged to me every month, and is there a way to end this service because I have no clue what this is for. I didn't sign up for this.

It's not a charge for your iPhone nor is it a charge for visual voicemail, it's a charge for the line; the voicemail is free and it's configured for an iPhone.

It's like if you bought a phone and the receipt says "iPhone Red    $649.00" you're not paying for the "red" you're paying for the phone and the color is free.

Did you change your plan?

This is a normal charge for each line, this is since they started selling shared data plans (when they got rid of the pay for texting and minute plans) and it's normal. Unless you were on some really ancient plan, it's likely worded the same way on your previous month (it is on the last 4 plans I've been on).

If you use the calculator on a page like https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

It'll say something like 4 lines is $190, but when you look at your bill it's not a fixed rate of $190; it'll be something more like $50 for the plan and $35 for each line (if you sign up for autopay/paperless discounts) plus the taxes/fees.

• 

2 Messages

If I had an android would this charge still occur?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@BilayerDumpling wrote:

Hi guys, I upgraded my phone from Iphone 6 to Iphone 8 recently. My total bill this month came up to 125 from what I expected should have been ~$80. I looked closely on my bills, and other then the expected ~#0 one-time charge for "Upgrade Fee" (Even though this should be free because I haven't upgraded my phone for couple years), there's a new charge added for "Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail". What is this, is this going to be charged to me every month, and is there a way to end this service because I have no clue what this is for. I didn't sign up for this.

The only new continuing charge is the installments.  You have always paid a line access charge.  Look at your previous bills.  

Your $80 was service, but it’s made up of 2 charges, the plan and the access for your phone number.  Add taxes add installments, does it add up?  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I got charged 10$ more for 2months. My unlimited plan is 85 now its 95$. And they said 10$ for LTE. Is that right??

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

@no7260 

the extra $10 would be for not having auto pay credit.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@no7260 wrote:

I got charged 10$ more for 2months. My unlimited plan is 85 now its 95$.

Which unlimited plan? They've had 10 or so at this point.

Did you change which account you use for autopay?

And they said 10$ for LTE. Is that right??

No.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.