Need help understanding your bill?
Syracuse105's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 27th, 2016 1:12 AM

Bamboozled...

I recently called to discuss a discrepancy on my bill August 7th. The representative reviewed my bill and was able to answer my question. Then he went on to tell me about Direct TV and I said that's the cable company we use , he said well then I have great news you can get unlimited data ! He then made it retroactive and also stated that my bill will be 5.00 less going f9forward . Wow this was great my husband and I were super happy as we have 2 teenage girls and unlimited data is great ! Well fast forward to today and looking thru my AT&T app to look something up for my daughter who i just dropped off at College I see my bill which is 100+ dollars more then usual. So I call and after a 45 minute conversation (this rep was super patient and kind ) informed me the unlimited data is not free with having Direct TV it is more money , you can only get unlimited data when you have Direct TV with an additional cost. obviously the rep back on August 7th did not understand the product he was giving me( or selling ) . I would have not gone with this unlimited plan as I am on a budget with my first child in college now and a 100+ increase doesn't make sense . The rep is filling a complaint on my behalf and will also see if there is a recording of our conversation, but other then that there is nothing more then can do . So I will be contacting the Attorney General to make sure this was a product knowledge issue or if in fact this is a way of skimming money from unsuspecting customers. I have been with AT&T for years and this really sucks. Has anyone else had this issue ?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

I sure understand your frustration but how is it your bill is $100 higher? What wireless plan did you have before the change? Presuming you have 4 lines your unlimited plan should be $180/month. There is no way you had 4 lines on a wireless plan that was only $80. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

My bill is about 260.00 a month before the change Now I have to pay 383.00 this month and next month it will be 330.00.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Is this a combined bill with both wireless and Directv charges? If so, how much of that is the wireless plan? What I'm trying to get to is what is the difference between the old wireless plan and the unlimited plan. Your Directv charges may have changed too. Keep in mind the cost for 4 lines on the unlimited plan is actually $220/month but you get a $40 credit for the 4th line. That credit may not show up for a couple of bill cycles. If the unlimited plan is too expensive you can change back to your old plan. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Anyone who thinks they will get free, unlimited cellular data service if they sign up for ATT TV service, I have a bridge in Brooklyn and 'waterfront' property in Florida for sale.  

For a family of 4 who uses a lot of data, the unlimited data plan is cost effective.  $220 when you first sign up. The credit on the 4th line takes 2-3 months and is retroactive.  There after $180 plus tax and fees, for the service only.  Phones not included.

(example 4 lines with 15 gigs, $15 X 4 = $60, data $100 total $160)

The new plan is $20 more than a 15 gig plan, each line gets 22 GBs full speed data before potential slow down.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.