Need help understanding your bill?
sreeharsh's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 4th, 2017 6:15 PM

BOGO question pay off the upgraded line

I would like to know if i go for a BOGO deal and as part of this  lets say i upgrade one device and get another phone as a brand new line. If and when i plan to pay off the phone that i have upgraded(not the free phone) or making payments for  would my bill credit for the free phone stop?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

No you won’t. I paid the one line. Noticed I was getting billed for the free phone. ATT told me that because I paid off phone the free one was no longer free. What they want is for you to make payments for duration of plan. Personally thought was stupid. I had other issues and switched back to Sprint. Had 4 lines with ATT have 5 lines with Sprint with a way cheaper monthly payment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Sessy1976 wrote:
No you won’t. I paid the one line. Noticed I was getting billed for the free phone. ATT told me that because I paid off phone the free one was no longer free. What they want is for you to make payments for duration of plan. Personally thought was stupid. I had other issues and switched back to Sprint. Had 4 lines with ATT have 5 lines with Sprint with a way cheaper monthly payment

Well I did it and never got charged.  BUT I made darn sure that the line I payed off was the Buy one line.  I have done this 4 times and not had a problem it even says you can do it in the fine print.  

Enjoy sprint I could not use their slow network in my area.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Have emails going back and forth with ATT. Each time I spoke with a person was told last person I spoke with gave me wrong information. If you research you will see many have had same issue with the buy one get one free. Good luck

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

There was at least one BOGO early this year that clearly said both phones had to remain on installments.  

It is always advised neither phone be paid off until credits start. 

The best answer to get and keep credits is to READ and SAVE the deal as posted on the sales page.  

AT&T is onky responsible to a point, keeping qualified is going to fall on the customer. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

If I pay off the "Buy one" phone on a BOGO deal, and decide to trade in and upgrade, will I still receive my bill credits on the "free" phone? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.