For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
sreeharsh's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 4th, 2017 6:15 PM

BOGO question pay off the upgraded line

I would like to know if i go for a BOGO deal and as part of this  lets say i upgrade one device and get another phone as a brand new line. If and when i plan to pay off the phone that i have upgraded(not the free phone) or making payments for  would my bill credit for the free phone stop?

Associated Member

• 

118 Messages

6 years ago

I am not so sire there was ever a BoGo for said phones. I've never even heard of these specific phones. Everyone has answered you correctly though, you are required to add a new line and keep that new line active for the remainder of the NEXT agreement in order to receive the credits. Until just recently you were also almost always required to have DirecTV or UVerse TV to qualify. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I went through this too, the bogo is complete headache. You receive credits on your bill and that's it. It is not free, it is credited. I had to pay off the 2 phones separately! I dont know since I paid off off the balanceS I will receive "credits" on my bill, but I lost out on money. The bogo is bogus and will screw everyone over. No one could help or resolve the issues. Do not pay off the bogo early !!! 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Jaymarimaci wrote:

I went through this too, the bogo is complete headache. You receive credits on your bill and that's it. It is not free, it is credited. I had to pay off the 2 phones separately! I dont know since I paid off off the balanceS I will receive "credits" on my bill, but I lost out on money. The bogo is bogus and will screw everyone over. No one could help or resolve the issues. Do not pay off the bogo early !!! 

The BOGO is exactly as advertised by every carrier.  They would be idiots to give a fully free phone without a way to keep you for service.   

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Jaymarimaci wrote:

I went through this too, the bogo is complete headache. You receive credits on your bill and that's it. It is not free, it is credited.

But, after all the credits it is free.

I had to pay off the 2 phones separately! I dont know since I paid off off the balanceS I will receive "credits" on my bill, but I lost out on money. Do not pay off the bogo early !!! 

If you pay off the free phone early there is nothing to credit, sorry.

The bogo is bogus and will screw everyone over. 

No, it's not bogus and many many people get the free phone.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I just did that because I want to cancel. Did you resolve it 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Sessy1976 wrote:

I just did that because I want to cancel. Did you resolve it 

Resolve what?   26 posts, we have no idea who you are asking or what.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry guy posted he paid off phone he bought. Messed up billing. Was wondering if it got resolved. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So just to clarify....if I paid off only my upgraded line device and leave the free line one alone, i will still receive the bogo credit on the new line right? Wanting to get my upgraded line unlocked for international travel but it says phone must be paid off so wanting to make sure if I pay off device it wont affect the bogo credit on the new line.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

No! Do not pay off. If you pay off that line the free one will start being charged. ATT wants you to leave payment for both lines alone.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Mtam4969 wrote:

So just to clarify....if I paid off only my upgraded line device and leave the free line one alone, i will still receive the bogo credit on the new line right? Wanting to get my upgraded line unlocked for international travel but it says phone must be paid off so wanting to make sure if I pay off device it wont affect the bogo credit on the new line.

@Sessy1976 is incorrect. 

You MAY pay off the "Buy one" line and have it unlocked. It will NOT affect the "Give one" credit on the other line provided that line remains on installments. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.