Need help understanding your bill?
sreeharsh's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 4th, 2017 6:15 PM

BOGO question pay off the upgraded line

I would like to know if i go for a BOGO deal and as part of this  lets say i upgrade one device and get another phone as a brand new line. If and when i plan to pay off the phone that i have upgraded(not the free phone) or making payments for  would my bill credit for the free phone stop?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

If I understand your question... yes, you can pay off the "buy one" phone and upgrade.  Or just buy a new phone outright to use on the line.  

You cannot pay off the "get one free".  

You cannot cancel either line without having to pay off the full balance because credits will stop.

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

7 years ago

As a small point of clarification,  you can payoff the "Get One" phone early, but you will be paying with your own money, and you will no longer get the bill credits from AT&T for that phone, since the credits are tied to the NEXT agreement, and it would be closed when you pay off the phone.  That also means that if you trade in the phone (as soon as you reach your upgrade eligibility) and it is in good enough shape, opening a new NEXT agreement, you will not owe any additional money on that "Get One" phone.

That means you could use it for 18 months getting the AT&T bill credits for it, then pay it off out of your own pocket, and sell it on the second hand market, or keep it for yourself, or ...  You could also use it to the upgrade point in the NEXT agreement, then if it is in good enough condition, you could open a new NEXT agreement trading in that phone, and owe nothing more on the one you trade in.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

So if i understand it right i can pay off the phone that i would be making payments for but not the get one free phone. Is that correct? Even if i payoff i would still receive credits on the free phone?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sreeharsh wrote:

So if i understand it right i can pay off the phone that i would be making payments for but not the get one free phone. Is that correct?

Yes, and you would still receive credits on the free phone.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I paid off the phone that I bought. Not the free phone. This messed up the whole billing process for the free phone. DO NOT PAY OFF ANY PHONE TIED TO THE BOGO DEAL! 

This has been a huge headache for me. I wish I never paid off the one phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@jjmazz wrote:

I paid off the phone that I bought. Not the free phone. This messed up the whole billing process for the free phone.

How are you certain you paid off the correct phone?

How did you pay it off?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Since ATT doesn’t put the credit on the line, it would be easy to pay off the wrong one, especially if both lines were new.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 My "free" iPhone 7 credit is very clear on the bill (the pdf) which line it is.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Gary L   Does it show on the online version?  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

The bogo offer just show up as adjustment at the end of the bill

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.