Need help understanding your bill?
Hardy1965's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 1st, 2016 5:19 PM

Closed

BOGO on iPhone 6 issues

I went in store and upgraded 2 phones in December 2015 using the BOGO offer for iPhone 6 and upgraded to the mobile share plan and have been paying the payment plan on both new phones for over 4 months.($75more a month than my old plan)
After 3 months/payment cycles I was to receive a credit for the cost of one phone ($659.00)
NOW AT&T is telling me " sorry this was only if you opened a NEW line". I have all the paperwork and have made every payment. I have been with AT&T for over 20 yrs and cannot believe they are doing this. How can you legitimately sell a person a promo and give them all the paperwork stating you are eligible, charge them for it and then not pay the credit when I did everything correctly.
Someone please help me get this corrected

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

@David606

@lizdance40

Correct email is on the account; called to confirm to be 100% sure.  The only email I received around the sale date was the one with the subject "Information about your AT&T plan" the day after I purchased the plan.

Here is what it looks like.

ATT Plan email.JPG

I'm currently on the phone with customer service and am being told I can go into the store and if I show a valid ID and can confirm my account then they have to give me a copy of the receipt and actual customer service summary that I signed.  Does that sound legit?

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

No that's not the case,and I checked spam

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Well the receipt in the email is for ONLINE and OVER THE PHONE orders. If yours was in store then any and all company owned retail stores are required for you to sign and then give you the paper copy of the agreement. There is the receipt and then the printed copy of agreement.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

@David606

Okay, so is the store required to print out the receipt and a copy of the agreement I signed at my request?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

That is not what I was told by your rep

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

Keep after them. Go on Facebook to their walls! In my case I bought mine at a retail store. I finally got it resolved yesterday and account credited.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

Went into AT&T store (point of sale) Monday to try to speak with store manager.  She was not there.  Spoke with assistant store manager and another sales rep briefly.  Both told us that there is no paperwork showing that we signed up for BOGO.  As in, if we had signed up for BOGO there is no paperwork anywhere to prove that we did.  So I asked how anyone can prove that they did or did not sign up for BOGO and they both said that if someone signed up for BOGO then it would just automatically begin crediting if you had a qualifying phone + add a line, etc.  

So...that seems legit.

We asked for the store manager to call us to set up a meeting for Friday.  She has yet to call.

So, what do you AT&T folks have to say about what I was told in regards to the BOGO plan not being clarified on a receipt or any other paperwork?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Signed up for Bogo plan with 2 6s phones and a new line in December. Never received the credit. Called customer service , told to go to the store, store told me I had to call customer service. Called customer service, told they would investigate. They never got back to me, called again, told the same thing. They never called. Called again, told it was because the rep at at and t signed us up for a 24 month installment instead of a 30 month installment plan. They offered me a $250 credit. Not acceptable to me. It is the responsibility of the sales rep to be informed on these offers and not mislead customers. If they are selling me a plan and telling me it includes a free phone, I believe them. They are at and t employees. The company should take responsibility and not use their employees ignorance as an excuse. Very frustrating and in my view fraudulent business practice. When I called today, they said my previous 2 calls were not addressed because they were not submitted properly. I now have an 'icu' case pending and they are supposed to get back to me soon. I am not holding my breath though. Very frustrating. Lesson learned though. Need to read every word in the fine print and assume the sales rep is clueless. The company does not take responsibility for misleading you.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

Come on! It's the responsibility of the customer to read the details of the agreement too!  You never learned "read the fine print" or "nothing is free" but somehow learned "trust the salesman"?

Most of the info is not only in the fine print, but all the details are summarized in the fine print and (the fine print for the BOGO is pretty short).

The internet and these forums are here to help you beforehand, not just afterwards. We're able to help a lot more beforehand!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@bkgcole

@bkgcole wrote:
Signed up for Bogo plan with 2 6s phones and a new line in December. Never received the credit. Called customer service , told to go to the store, store told me I had to call customer service. Called customer service, told they would investigate. They never got back to me, called again, told the same thing. They never called. Called again, told it was because the rep at at and t signed us up for a 24 month installment instead of a 30 month installment plan. They offered me a $250 credit. Not acceptable to me. It is the responsibility of the sales rep to be informed on these offers and not mislead customers. If they are selling me a plan and telling me it includes a free phone, I believe them. They are at and t employees. The company should take responsibility and not use their employees ignorance as an excuse. Very frustrating and in my view fraudulent business practice. When I called today, they said my previous 2 calls were not addressed because they were not submitted properly. I now have an 'icu' case pending and they are supposed to get back to me soon. I am not holding my breath though. Very frustrating. Lesson learned though. Need to read every word in the fine print and assume the sales rep is clueless. The company does not take responsibility for misleading you.

If you bought 2 iPhone 6s in December with Next 24 and added a new line to ATT for one new phone ( not an upgrade) then I think you did qualify.  Not sure if something else went wrong.

Please send a message through the forum by clicking here >> @ATTMobilityCare send them all your information on the account and ask for review.  

Your reply will come in the envelope above the orange bar.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.