For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Hardy1965's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 1st, 2016 5:19 PM

Closed

BOGO on iPhone 6 issues

I went in store and upgraded 2 phones in December 2015 using the BOGO offer for iPhone 6 and upgraded to the mobile share plan and have been paying the payment plan on both new phones for over 4 months.($75more a month than my old plan)
After 3 months/payment cycles I was to receive a credit for the cost of one phone ($659.00)
NOW AT&T is telling me " sorry this was only if you opened a NEW line". I have all the paperwork and have made every payment. I have been with AT&T for over 20 yrs and cannot believe they are doing this. How can you legitimately sell a person a promo and give them all the paperwork stating you are eligible, charge them for it and then not pay the credit when I did everything correctly.
Someone please help me get this corrected

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

You are correct! Actually the person that sold us the phone had been fired. It appears at this particular store i bought ours they have quite the turnover of employees. Luckily for me, the district manager took control of the situation and instantly had my account credited.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@bcoleman13 wrote:
It appears at this particular store i bought ours they have quite the turnover of employees. 

I believe this is part of what causes the lack of knowledge that leads to some of the issues. 

Another reason to read the offer yourself....

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

It does no good to try to reason with garylapointe.  He is going to side with AT&T no matter what.  I eventually looked up the AT&T cooperate office (210 area code), explained the situation to a reasonable individual and was instantly credited full price for one of the phones.  Whether it is intentional, or poor training, there are too many of these AT&T reps misleading customers and it needs to be handled.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@eamjr80 wrote:

It does no good to try to reason with garylapointe.  He is going to side with AT&T no matter what.  Whether it is intentional, or poor training, there are too many of these AT&T reps misleading customers and it needs to be handled.  

I'll never side with AT&T with the way they do these promos.

They should have copies of all the offers in the store and they should make the customer sign on the receipt that they read the offer and will follow the steps required. Any other kinds of rebates, you have a form to fill out and if you make a copy you have one for reference later.

But again, my suggestion is them forcing the customer to read the offer.

I understand when it's buy an orange and get an orange free that it's no big deal when it doesn't work out.

But you'll never convice me that customers walking out of a store with a receipt that has them committing to $1300-ish in payments and they have NOTHING that shows that they should get $650 in credits MAKES ANY SENSE...

And then when they don't get the credits, they have nothing...

This is the problem, isn't it? It's not protect that you need if it all works out, it protection for when it doesn't work out.

You can't force the staff to give you accurate info, but you can easily make sure you know what the offer is with a quick google search.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

7 years ago

You are absolutely correct, and also he had my earlier email deleted because I dared to point out that attorney's general were collecting att stories for possible action. Seems censorship is one of his modes of operation.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Iiaammii wrote:
You are absolutely correct, and also he had my earlier email deleted because I dared to point out that attorney's general were collecting att stories for possible action. Seems censorship is one of his modes of operation.

@Iiaammii   Att redacts personal information, they don't delete posts.  I offered to get you help, and got CS to contact you through the forum.   The record of your posts shows ATT tried to contact you, and you ignored them for a full week.   I have no idea if you ever responded to their attempts to contact you.   Meanwhile, You keep popping up with your own version of things.   

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Account/Att-switch-program-mail-and-rebate/m-p/4976082#M239806

https://forums.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3659690

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Iiaammii wrote:
You are absolutely correct, and also he had my earlier email deleted

If you check the forum rules, you'll see you were violating them (if you were talking about that kind of action). That's why THEY deleted your e-mail.

ACE - Guru

• 

915 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 ATT certainly does delete entire posts, especially if one mentions anything related to legal possibilities.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@directv_123 wrote:

ATT certainly does delete entire posts, especially if one mentions anything related to legal possibilities.

They also delete similar posts repeated over and over.  

Also against the forum rules.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

7 years ago

Then most of LaPointe's emails should be deleted as they say the same thing every time: not ATT's fault, buyer beware, salespeople should not be expected to be honest.

I will keep on "appearing from time to time" to remind folks to keep fighting for what is right, don't get discouraged by him or anyone else.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.