Need help understanding your bill?
sandpit's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 25th, 2017 8:56 PM

BOGO not honored

I upgraded two phones iPhone 7 during Chritsmat 2016 time as Buy one Get One. Someone has called and explained the promotion that I just need to buy one phone and second one is free. Now I am not seeing any credit applied for my second phone. I have called multiple times and asked AT&T and listen to the recorded conversation where I had asked I do not need any new line or Direct TV  to get this promotion and answer was yet. Now credit is not being applied.

I had no intention of buying $649 (iPhone 7) for my 7th grade son if it was not for promotion. Now I am stuck with the $649 bill due to dishonest business practice from someone as at AT&T.  Is someone at ATT listening and review the situation ? I am frustrated at this time and stuck with unintentional $649 charge on my account. I have been AT&T for at least 10 years and that's how I am being treated. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

The second phone is only free if you added a new line to ATT.  So they are in fact honoring the BOGO, but you didn't qualify for it.  

Unfortunately that's were it ends as you do have two phones, but didn't add a line.   

If you asked, you must have suspected it was the case and should have double checked then. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

No where in the call it was mentioned that I need to have a new line. I hope ATT&T has recorded conversation and listen in. I could have easily cancelled my son's line and added a new one. Like I mentioned I had no intention of buying $649 for 7th grader. The person on the call clarified and confirmed I did not need a new line. There has been definitely miscommunication on the selling agent part and I hope ATT&T can honor the credit. They can look at the history on the account, how long I have been with them. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The same thing happened to me August 2018. iPhone i8. No one ever told me I had to have Direct TV or the Internet with AT&T, just a free phone if I added a line, which I did. Very dishonest of AT&T. I am now on my 5th installment of paying $54 for my "free phone" and I've been told 6 times this would be cleared up. Now they're telling me I was sold the BOGO (?) plan, which required Internet or Direct TV. I am now in the endless circle of being on the losing end, knowing if I refuse to pay, I will be sent to a collection agency. I too would never have agreed to Direct TV or the Internet with At&T as I already have other plans. Very deceptive. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. - Rob K.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.