Need help understanding your bill?
Islandgirl6's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, September 5th, 2016 3:01 PM

BOGO is a JOKE!!!!

Buy 1 get 1 free is a joke!!!

Got conned by the salesman during this promotion in December.  Got a new line and did an upgrade with my exisiting line, paid for the installments as planned; now I decided to pay off the installment balance on one line and cancel it so it can be an independent line by itself and was told that oh you would still need to pay the $21.67 on the other line.  For the past 2 days I have spent over 6+ hours of talk time from reps in the US + elsewhere AND also their Retention dept to no avail.  All Im being told is that is in the contact and Im certainly not seeing it on the credit sale contact I got online + instore at the time of purchase.  

THIS IS RIDICULOS!  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

It said in the paperwork you can't pay off the phone early.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

You can pay the balance on the Next plan and cancel the new line if you want, but you will not get anymore BOGO credits, you may even have to repay the credits already received, though not sure about that. The only way to get the BOGO credits is to keep the installment plan active for the entire length of the plan. You can do whatever you want with your other line. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I have searched through the contact and I do not see where it says I cant pay off the balance in full.  I also do not see where it says the If I do I will not get the BOGO credits anymore.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

See the part in parentheses, "if you cancel service...."

image.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Its funny how this info was not shown or told to me by the reps in store, when all I wanted was a new phone on a separate line.  WOW!   So in other words Im stuck for the next 22 months with 1 phone already paid off just so I can get the credit on the other one.   I now need to really consider if I need to continue with AT&T mobility & Uverse after 11 years - coming from Bellsouth to Cingular.   Now I know I was conned! 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@Islandgirl6

Given the way it was set up, with a credit on your account each month, what did you think would happen if you cancel your ATT service?  

All big promotions are to gain new service.  The BOGO was to gain a new line and keep it for at least the 30 months.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

What do mean you are stuck with a phone already paid off? You can do whatever you want with the other line. It is only the new line that must stay on a Next plan to get the credits. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Islandgirl6 wrote:

Its funny how this info was not shown or told to me by the reps in store, when all I wanted was a new phone on a separate line.  WOW!   So in other words Im stuck for the next 22 months with 1 phone already paid off just so I can get the credit on the other one

That's kind of how they pay for the free phone, by ensuring that you're going to add one line and keep service. They can't just give $649 phones away...

After canceling the first line you're still getting the credits on the second line?

I would have thought they'd make you keep both lines active to get that...

Guru

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

Hello @Islandgirl6!

I am so sorry you are having issues with finding the details of your service agreement & purchase agreement. Everything you signed at an AT&T Retail store, or e-sign via Acceptance of Terms & Conditions on the internet, are available on your Customer Service Summary: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009093

For details on the Buy One, Get One promotion, please visit: http://about.att.com/story/two_for_one_deal_on_popular_smartphones.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.