For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
andy1956's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 1st, 2018 12:47 PM

BOGO iPhone 7

I have been a long time AT&T customer, starting with U verse when it came out, cell flip phones, Intranet, now Direct TV, and I Phones. I went to the AT&T store in August of 2016 to take advantage of a free cell phone. I was offered to upgrade to an I phone and BOGO. All I had to do was add a new line. I did not need another line but it was cheaper to add a line than pay for another I Phone. I noticed that the payment never stopped so I called AT&T and went through the hoops and to make a long story short they said I did not add the new I Phone to the new line? I was never told that and the in store person never said that. And so why would I add another line I did not need? AT&T admitted the offer was written up wrong and the in store person could not do anything do to the time that had passed so they sent me to the retention department. After they admitted to the mistake they said the payment would stop and I would be refunded the $421.00 I had paid for the phone. Add in the extra line you are looking at over $750.00 and then when I did not see the payment stop I called AT&T and they had closed the ticket and said I did not follow the proper procedure by not adding the new line to the BOGO phone. Is there any recourse I have to recover the money spent due to the in store person not properly filling out the BOGO offer correctly?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@andy1956 wrote:

I have been a long time AT&T customer, starting with U verse when it came out, cell flip phones, Intranet, now Direct TV, and I Phones.  Immaterial to the promotions, but okay...

I went to the AT&T store in August of 2016. The iPhone 7 was not released until September 

to take advantage of a free cell phone.  What free phone is that?  

I was offered to upgrade to an I phone and BOGO.  BOGO means “buy one, get one”.   Youbhad to buy TWO phones. B

All I had to do was add a new line.   And buy a second phone on the new line to get credits on that phone.  B I did not need another line but it was cheaper to add a line than pay for another I Phone.  No.  No it’s not.   The average rate for a line is $20-25 with taxes and fees.  Since the credits are about $25 on the second phone, it’s a wash.  Math would have told you this wasn’t a good deal.

I noticed that the payment never stopped   It was never supposed to stop.  so I called AT&T and went through the hoops and to make a long story short they said I did not add the new I Phone to the new line?  Yeah, covered that.

I was never told that and the in store person never said that. And so why would I add another line I did not need? AT&T admitted the offer was written up wrong and the in store person could not do anything do to the time that had passed so they sent me to the retention department. After they admitted to the mistake they said the payment would stop and I would be refunded the $421.00 I had paid for the phone. Add in the extra line you are looking at over $750.00 and then when I did not see the payment stop I called AT&T and they had closed the ticket and said I did not follow the proper procedure by not adding the new line to the BOGO phone. Is there any recourse I have to recover the money spent due to the in store person not properly filling out the BOGO offer correctly?

Read a BOGO offer...

77584D6A-2957-41C9-8453-8EF3E49460F1.jpegF366769C-BE2D-41E2-A164-A4FAAE33AD4B.png453828A6-F531-4AAF-9F25-60741851A18D.jpegIMG_6394.JPG

4 Attachments

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

As for ‘recourse’.  You have a line you don’t need, cancel it.  If your installment is on that line you will be billed the remainder if charges.  You might want to read the bill to see which line has installments.  (Your post makes it seem like you boughtbone phone)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.