Need help understanding your bill?
Paranotary's profile

Guru

• 

467 Messages

Sunday, December 24th, 2017 11:57 AM

BOGO and Wireless Autopay Credits

I am new to AT&T as well as the forum.  I have seen the questions and answers for previous BOGO offers, but not the one I currently have.

I have a couple of questions, which pretty much are the same questions for 2 different credits.  How long does it take to actually see the BOGO credits?  And when you do receive the BOGO credits, do you receive the past months’ credits in one bill?  I am getting concerned about the BOGO credits as I just received my third bill and neither of the two credits are on there.  All of my other credits have appeared except for these.

My other credit question is after I receive the wireless autopay credit, should I also receive the past month’s credit?  I started my wireless service on October 17, 2017, I went straight home and signed up for autopay.  The very first month autopay was active and deducted.  I received one $10 autopay credit on the second bill.  Should I have received a second $10 credit for the first month, which was paid by autopay?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

Excellent! Glad to hear it.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I'm fixing to file a complaint with Better Business Bureau too,  probably the only way to get some help with Billing BOGO deals. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Pretty much...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We are experiencing this same exact issue!  It is so frustrating, and I have called numerous times and each time they say the credits will be issued, but never appear.  We are now going into our 5th installment and no credits have been applied.  Not sure AT&T really offered a  BOGO offer, it was just a ploy to get people to buy 2 new phones.  Lesson learned, I will get the details in writing next time.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

You can search here for a matching promotion. https://www.att.com/deals/

It might reveal where your purchase went wrong, or if ATT owes you credits.  

Most of the time the credit doesn’t come because the customer didn’t qualify.  When pressed by outside complaints, ATT has been inclined to pay up, even if you didn’t qualify.  

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

That’s a lie.  We added a line to get the same BOGO deal and now we’re being charged for all three lines, plus a line access fee ($25/phone), plus a $40/phone VVM fee, plus the monthly plan.  We were also told we’d only be paying the phone costs for the one phone. 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

The same thing happened to me, I’m about to pay my 6th installment without receiving any credits for the bogo.  I don’t see how employees can get away with telling you your phones are going to be bogo free and trick you into paying for both.  If At&T does not make this right I will be done with this company for good as soon as my contract is up. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Mmmmly

Do you have a copy of the promotion you purchased under?   

Most of the promotions in the past 2 years required new or existing TV service, a new line for the ‘free’ phone, possibly ported from a competing carrier.  Purchase during the same promotion and qualified phones.  

Its pretty rare that people DID qualify and not get credits.  Most who arent getting credits missed something.  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Yes I have a copy of the ad https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1236446   

and no it didn’t require direct tv!  I already went over this with the employees at the store, I QUALIFIED!  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

I called and talked to a manager at the store today and he said that this happens often enough.  He said he would get it resolved, it just takes time.  Sometimes it’s just a matter of something not being typed into the system right.  I have verified over and over that I do qualify for the bogo.  But even if I didn’t let’s just say, the fact I was told at the point of sale that it would be bogo and I signed a contract locking myself into the deal under this pretense, they should make it right regardless.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.