Need help understanding your bill?
Paranotary's profile

Guru

• 

467 Messages

Sunday, December 24th, 2017 11:57 AM

BOGO and Wireless Autopay Credits

I am new to AT&T as well as the forum.  I have seen the questions and answers for previous BOGO offers, but not the one I currently have.

I have a couple of questions, which pretty much are the same questions for 2 different credits.  How long does it take to actually see the BOGO credits?  And when you do receive the BOGO credits, do you receive the past months’ credits in one bill?  I am getting concerned about the BOGO credits as I just received my third bill and neither of the two credits are on there.  All of my other credits have appeared except for these.

My other credit question is after I receive the wireless autopay credit, should I also receive the past month’s credit?  I started my wireless service on October 17, 2017, I went straight home and signed up for autopay.  The very first month autopay was active and deducted.  I received one $10 autopay credit on the second bill.  Should I have received a second $10 credit for the first month, which was paid by autopay?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Paranotary wrote:

I am new to AT&T as well as the forum.  I have seen the questions and answers for previous BOGO offers, but not the one I currently have.

I have a couple of questions, which pretty much are the same questions for 2 different credits.  How long does it take to actually see the BOGO credits?  Typically 3 months.

And when you do receive the BOGO credits, do you receive the past months’ credits in one bill?  Yes.

I am getting concerned about the BOGO credits as I just received my third bill and neither of the two credits are on there.  All of my other credits have appeared except for these.

3 months would be mid January 

My other credit question is after I receive the wireless autopay credit, should I also receive the past month’s credit?   No.  They only back date phone credits to match the installments.  No other discounts or credits are backdated.  

I started my wireless service on October 17, 2017, I went straight home and signed up for autopay.  The very first month autopay was active and deducted.  I received one $10 autopay credit on the second bill.  Should I have received a second $10 credit for the first month, which was paid by autopay?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

The autopay discount is supposed to start in 1-2 bill cycles. If you still aren’t seeing that, there may be an issue. To get the autopay discount, you must use a debit card or bank account. Credit cards don’t get the discount. Sometimes debit cards are erroneously classified as credit cards.

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to reply lizdance40 and sandblaster.

@lizdance40

I don’t understand what you mean by “They only backdate phone credits to match the installments.”  Please allow me to clarify, There was a payment taken via autopay from the very first payment due, but the credit didn’t appear until the second bill.  So are the credits given after each auto payment then?

@sandblaster

Thank you for clarifying the terms.  Yes, I was aware of no credit card rule.  My payments are taken via debit card.  I am also aware that it takes 1-2 bills to appear, but I could not find anything on whether the past months will be credited after it appears.  FYI, my credit appeared on the 2nd bill, the payment was deducted from the first payment due.  What I am asking is if there should have been 2 credits on the 2nd bill?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Paranotary No, the autopay credit is not retroactive. You don’t get that credit for any previous bills. 

Scholar

• 

335 Messages

6 years ago

$10 credit is being applied a month after autopay enrollment.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Beware of AT&T offering any kind of BOGO!!  On Jan 8, 2018 we purchased an iPhone 8 from an AT&T store. We wanted to purchase a phone in view of the advertised AT&T BOGO within the authorized time frame that ended on the 11th.  BOTH the manager & salesperson told us we were eligible for this BOGO since we had DirectTV. They did NOT say we needed to upgrade or add another line. Before completing the purchase we reiterated that this was a BOGO with NO strings attached & they both said yes. However, this is apparently not true & we are now being billed for TWO phones. After 3 store visits, numerous phone calls, case denial, & escalation we are still being billed for not one, but the two phones. As retirees on a fixed income we would NEVER have agreed to this type of purchase. They either lied (for the commission) or were incompetent salespeople. If this is not settled both AT&T and Direct TV will be  losing long-standing customers. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@gmurdog wrote:

Beware of AT&T offering any kind of BOGO!!  On Jan 8, 2018 we purchased an iPhone 8 from an AT&T store. We wanted to purchase a phone in view of the advertised AT&T BOGO within the authorized time frame that ended on the 11th.  BOTH the manager & salesperson told us we were eligible for this BOGO since we had DirectTV. They did NOT say we needed to upgrade or add another line. Before completing the purchase we reiterated that this was a BOGO with NO strings attached & they both said yes. However, this is apparently not true & we are now being billed for TWO phones. After 3 store visits, numerous phone calls, case denial, & escalation we are still being billed for not one, but the two phones. As retirees on a fixed income we would NEVER have agreed to this type of purchase. They either lied (for the commission) or were incompetent salespeople. If this is not settled both AT&T and Direct TV will be  losing long-standing customers. 

You said you saw the advertisements, right? All BOGO advertisements clearly state that a new line is a requirement. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Then why did the manager & salesperson say otherwise?????

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@gmurdog

To explain in the simplest terms: All big promotions require some some kind of new service.  Since you did not add anything, you have to pay for the phone.  

Here is the full details.  

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1232016

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Our Better Business complaint on this BOGO issue was reviewed by Veronica Rodriguez, Asst to the AT&T President & has been resolved for us. We are very grateful to her & to AT&T for honoring our many years as customers & being responsive to our concerns. Great response & customer service Veronica! Thank you!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.