For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
NRG2015's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 2:01 PM

BEWARE OF THE SCAMMERS IN THE WARRANTY DEPARTMENT AND ERRONEOUS CHARGES

I sent off my phone a few months ago for a warranty replacement. The phone was having terrible software issues which left it unusable. On the phone I notified the agent of some stripping on the edges which was just normal wear and tear.  She assured me the phone was eligible for return and thus I sent it off. 

Yesterday I get the phone back I'm told its damaged. I know that I didn't send them a phone with a cracked screen. I've been a loyal customer for many years and now they are trying to scam me. One rep told me they could reduce the price to 200 , another to 100. Another said I could send pictures of the phone before it was mailed off.  Then others have said none of those options exist!!

Now here I am with $469 charged for a refurbished phone and customer service representatives that refuse to talk to me or when they do come with a whole new pitch or are ready to accuse me of lieing. Not very professional at all! 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

There is occasionally problems in this department. Stick to your guns. Documenting a phone condition with an AT&T store employee tends to prevent this from becoming a problem. (But how stupid....really)

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

9 years ago

Always happen, you not the only one. 

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @NRG2015

I’d be happy to help with your warranty return! I’m sorry to hear what has happened. I welcome the chance to look into this for you and put things right. Please send me a Private Message with the following information and anything else you may feel is important and we’ll get this resolved together.

• Cell and/or account number
  • Full name
  • Email address
  • IMEI of returned device
  • Date returned

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

UPDATE:

Honestly guys,

Just stay away from AT&T. It's like they're reading from a script. " The charges are always valid". I have now spoke with ove 20 people and they've all acted like robots , void of any compassion or sense. AT&t is the  most inhumane company I've ever worked with.  I've called time and time again , and I'll keep calling to try and save my account from going to collections but honestly they don't care about their customer no matter how long you've been loyal , you are always expendable.

If you do try and take this route be wary of all the differet apartments they will try and transfer you to and all the different policies each departmant has as well as how contradictory they are.

Be Careful!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Company need to do good business or else they will lose valuable customer. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.