Need help understanding your bill?
thequest2311's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, November 1st, 2018 5:15 AM

BE AWARE ATT "SECRETLY" UPGRADE YOU PLAN WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT AND CHARGE YOU EXTRA

ATT Wireless has been automatically upgrading customer plan with extra charge without customer consent and notification. They "secret" had a pending plan to double our data (my wife and I) without our consent. About 2 months ago, I checked the account and see the pending plan changes. I contacted customer service via chat, complaining about the pending plan I did not make. I had to ask them to remove it because I did not want the plan and I did not change the plan. Yesterday, I checked my account and see there is about $13 extra in my current bill, I viewed the details, my plan was upgraded from 16GB to 32GB. I did not make the change of plan, ATT automatically did that even though I asked to remove it last time, and they did removed last time. I contact customer service and a supervisor told me "AT&T is giving back to all our existing customer who is being loyal with our Mobile Share Advantage plan. AT&T is doubling your data from 16gb to 32gb. For only an increase of $10." and "It seems that this system generated though and we do not have control on rate plan change." This issue need to be raised for everyone who uses ATT to be aware because if they do not check their account and have autopay, they may end up paying extra for thing that they do not authorize like in my case. Let say 100,000 customers have this problem it is equivalent to $1.3 million.

ATT, YOU CANNOT TAKE MORE MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS WITHOUT CONSENT.

I save the script of the chat between me and the supervisor.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have just run into this problem.  They changed my plan without notice and charged me $30 more this month, though the customer service rep explained that's because they had to recoup the "upgrade" that somehow was imposed on me without my knowledge for a longer time that one month (though the bill says it started a month ago) and the new monthly charge will be only $10 more. When I asked to go back to the old plan I was told that would mean I lose the free HBO which had been promoted to be "for life."  I'm still working with the "loyalty" person so who knows how this will end up. But really?  

This is on top of the buy one get one free phone scam they run that only gives you credit in installments so you are stuck with AT&T until those installments are done or you lose out on that promotion too.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Coen_fan wrote:

I have just run into this problem.  They changed my plan. This is not a thread about a plan change. The cost of the Advantage and Value plans were increased. Neither included HBO, so don’t know what you’re talking about.   Both received email notice, some even posted the email here,  not that most read their email. 

without notice and charged me $30 more this month, though the customer service rep explained that's because they had to recoup the "upgrade" that somehow was imposed on me without my knowledge for a longer time that one month (though the bill says it started a month ago) and the new monthly charge will be only $10 more. When I asked to go back to the old plan I was told that would mean I lose the free HBO which had been promoted to be "for life."  I'm still working with the "loyalty" person so who knows how this will end up. But really?  

Does not compute.   Read your last 2 bills News section.

This is on top of the buy one get one free phone scam they run that only gives you credit in installments so you are stuck with AT&T until those installments are done or you lose out on that promotion too.

It’s not a scam, and all the other carriers have the same requirements.  BOGO deals are to add business and make a profit, not save us money.  If you read the deals, it’s very apparent phones are a loss leader. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40

You keep answering all the people who come here to share their story in a way like you work for ATT.

Read my old comments and your own comments, you keep saying that the most you get is $10 discount and they wouldn’t revert back to old plan. They did revert to my old plan for me and I’m still on shared 16GB paying the same price as I did before after I talked to the right person.

If you just need to shut up and let people share their story.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

@thequest2311 wrote:

@lizdance40

You keep answering all the people who come here to share their story in a way like you work for ATT.

Read my old comments and your own comments, you keep saying that the most you get is $10 discount and they wouldn’t revert back to old plan. They did revert to my old plan for me and I’m still on shared 16GB paying the same price as I did before after I talked to the right person.

If you were able to find someone with the power to change your plan, more power to you. That is not the norm and should not be expected, so @lizdance40's responses are the experience customers should be prepared for. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@MicCheck

The right person I’m talking about here is the right rep. I wasn’t talking to a supervisor or a manager. She was just the customer service rep, and she was able to do what I asked for.

What I’m trying to say here you can always make ATT to honor the old plan like did.

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

@thequest2311 You may have found a customer service rep who can force the plan to go back, but the system will catch the change, and put you back on the new plan, just like it automatically switched you to the new plan in the first place.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Raised my bill $5 and it says it will increase by $5 a month every month after this one, what a joke, this will be my last month with you at&t *****

[word filter avoidance]

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@thequest2311 wrote:

@lizdance40

Not at all what I said.   

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

ME TOO. When the bill went up $10 called... apparently my $15GB dataplan now is $30GB (I hardly use 7 or 8 GB) and thats why $10 increase. Isn't that secret increase without telling and receiving consent????

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@zegnas11 wrote:

ME TOO. When the bill went up $10 called... apparently my $15GB dataplan now is $30GB (I hardly use 7 or 8 GB) and thats why $10 increase. Isn't that secret increase without telling and receiving consent????

So switch to the new 9 gig plan.   https://www.att.com/plans/wireless/mobile-share-plus.html

Notices went out by either email or the bill.  At&t has to send them, but cant make you read them.

consent is not required to raise prices.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.