For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
thequest2311's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, November 1st, 2018 5:15 AM

BE AWARE ATT "SECRETLY" UPGRADE YOU PLAN WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT AND CHARGE YOU EXTRA

ATT Wireless has been automatically upgrading customer plan with extra charge without customer consent and notification. They "secret" had a pending plan to double our data (my wife and I) without our consent. About 2 months ago, I checked the account and see the pending plan changes. I contacted customer service via chat, complaining about the pending plan I did not make. I had to ask them to remove it because I did not want the plan and I did not change the plan. Yesterday, I checked my account and see there is about $13 extra in my current bill, I viewed the details, my plan was upgraded from 16GB to 32GB. I did not make the change of plan, ATT automatically did that even though I asked to remove it last time, and they did removed last time. I contact customer service and a supervisor told me "AT&T is giving back to all our existing customer who is being loyal with our Mobile Share Advantage plan. AT&T is doubling your data from 16gb to 32gb. For only an increase of $10." and "It seems that this system generated though and we do not have control on rate plan change." This issue need to be raised for everyone who uses ATT to be aware because if they do not check their account and have autopay, they may end up paying extra for thing that they do not authorize like in my case. Let say 100,000 customers have this problem it is equivalent to $1.3 million.

ATT, YOU CANNOT TAKE MORE MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS WITHOUT CONSENT.

I save the script of the chat between me and the supervisor.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@thequest2311

And it will revert in the next bill.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 you clearly did not read my updated info from one of my response “I doubted it”. Please read abd think before giving comments. I won’t reply to you anymore which is a total waste of time. Don’t bother reply. Thanks.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

They had to refund me the $10 they charged me extra by automatic upgrade my plan to 32GB. They had to put it back to 16GB.

There is no such thing that 16GB Shared Plan no longer exists myth like some people say. 

bill.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@thequest2311 wrote:

They had to refund me the $10 they charged me extra by automatic upgrade my plan to 32GB. They had to put it back to 16GB.

There is no such thing that 16GB Shared Plan no longer exists myth like some people say. 

bill.jpg

They are getting ready to do another round of increases on the mobile share advantage plan which will make it 10 bucks more in January(well not January but they will notify you on the bill in Jan) anyway.  ATT caught on people did not want the free data so they will just raise the price like they should have in the first place.

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@thequest2311

By all  means tell me I’m wrong with a screen shot in February.  

@GLIMMERMAN76

I said in one post they should have emailed, then raised the price.  Period.  Anyone who complained should automatically have been given either the double data or switch to the Flex plan at roughly same price and data.   But I’m not in charge, so this happened.  I’m pretty sure it never occurred to someone whose brain child this was, that it was going to make anyone unhappy.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 I don't think they will be able to increase my plan again, if they do, they will have to reduce it and give me a refund again.

@lizdance40 a screenshot in Feb??? You really know how to make me laugh. Thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@thequest2311

Youre dealing with a dumb computer, whose been programmed to change your plan.  Yeah, it’s going to do it again if that’s what it’s programmed to do.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@thequest2311 wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 I don't think they will be able to increase my plan again, if they do, they will have to reduce it and give me a refund again.

@lizdance40 a screenshot in Feb??? You really know how to make me laugh. Thanks

@thequest2311

your not under a contract..  Att will notify you on the bill and raise the rate.  They can do it as its in the darn terms of service.  I for one wish they would just get a backbone and enforce the first rate increase.  Letting you changing back was the wrong call since its not like they can not raise prices they just should have not included the extra data.  Your paying more than I do for unlimited data..  I get unlimited data for 87.50 plus 20 a line.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76  yeah you are correct, I'm not under a contract with them but a phone call will make them change back it back to original or they have to give away the promoted double data. I don't really care about the double data as I don't need it. The amount you see in the snap is for 2 lines. I can easily upgrade to AT&T Unlimited &More for unlimited data but this plan does not have Hotspot share as I need Hotspot access for work sometime when I don't have access to wifi from my laptop. AT&T Unlimited &More℠ Premium is too much and I don't need to pay extra for data that I won't even use. 16GB is perfect 🙂

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 

I pay $78 for 20 gigs and $15 line fees.  I don’t need unlimited either.   But that’s not the point here.  If ATT decides to increase all the Value plans, I’m going to get a price increase and I can try to dodge it, but eventually the increase will happen.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.