Need help understanding your bill?
nrsleah2006's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 20th, 2017 1:23 AM

Awful Customer Service

After moving about 7 miles away, it took nearly 2 weeks for Internet to be installed at my new apartment. In the meantime, not having wifi, I incurred data overage charges. I made several phone calls to AT&T, and finally spoke with a nice lady who assured me once the overage charges were reflected on my new bill (this was in May), call back and I would receive a credit since it was not my fault there was no technician with a sooner availability date. It is now July 19th, I have made approximately 7-9 phone calls requesting my promised credit. The last few people told me everything appeared in order and just await supervisor approval and my bill would be updated, and a supervisor would contact me shortly. Nobody ever called me back, and my bill still reflects overage charges, so I kept calling. Today I spoke with two separate reps (brittney and Jose) over the next 1.5 hours, I was put on hold to wait to speak with a supervisor (since now there seems to be zero notes/documentation that I was ever promised a credit), and the line magically disconnected while waiting, BOTH times! A supervisor never attempted to reach me, and I am beyond frustrated. I have begged and pleaded to speak with a supervisor and not to have to start all over again each call, but I never reach anyone who can offer a resolution. I'm so done.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Please let me know if you are able to get anywhere with this. I have had a similar situation.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines.]

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

Maybe it's because I have Cox for internet and ATT for cell, but I would not have asked, I would have reduced my usage or increased my data plan.  You used the data.   I don't see why ATT owes you a freebie.  It would have been nice, but I suggest you pour some sugar on it if you expect to get something you aren't entitled to.  

2 weeks is a pretty reasonable install time.   I don't see that as anyone's fault.  I made a date ahead of my move date and I still went a week without Tv or internet.   

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 Or up the data plan to get you though the month and lower it later.  A higher data plan is generally better than overages.

@nrsleah2006 @WorstinUniverse Realistically you didn't have to pay for home internet during that period either...

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

So I guess blatant disregard from people who can actually help is what this forum is about?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I did set up transfer of service prior to my move through the not so useful moving app, the tech was a no show. Unfortunately due to the nature of my work I had no choice but to use my phone/internet. I wish I had the sense to increase my data plan, but because I was told it would all be credited, I didn't worry about it.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@WorstinUniverse wrote:

They keep deleting my posts and blocking my account when I'm trying to get real help with my non-existent services

You keep posting duplicates (similar) posts and threads. That's likely why...

The will edit out personal details. They will edit out inappropriate language. These are against the forum rules. I believe so is complaining that they are editing/deleting, because if you weren't breaking the rules, you wouldn't have that complaint to make.

There are all sorts of inflammatory posts and complaints in the forum, AT&T let all those stay.

This is the COMMUNITY FORUM. We can't see your account.

You're posting vague non-descriptive posts and I can't even make a suggestion to that.

Many of your posts are SO vague I don't even know what to ask as a followup.

https://forums.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3773345

I've seen one where you ask a question about returning you boxes and you got a very nice coherent answer. 

This is a message board, NOT chat, you might wait days until someone with your answer responds. 

If you read through the forums you'll see all sorts of people who got help, so instead making multiple posts asking if the forum is real, just go look.

When looking around PLEASE notice that the people who get help the fastest post clear messages, great subject lines, with multiple paragraphs or bullets, with minimal use of the work "it" or "that" AND they answer the follow up questions.  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your responses. I tried to move my service and all they did was sign me up for another account (with no services moved) and charge me for it. I shouldn't be paying for any of it since nothing was installed, I didn't get services, and I never signed up for a second account or asked to be charged during any of that time

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

It seems like the forums are like the customer service phone calls where they ask for the same information in detail over and over again in hopes that you eventually give up except the forum includes responses from random people who aren't actually providing real answers either

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

@WorstinUniverse wrote:

Thank you for your responses. I tried to move my service and all they did was sign me up for another account (with no services moved) and charge me for it. I shouldn't be paying for any of it since nothing was installed, I didn't get services, and I never signed up for a second account or asked to be charged during any of that time

Since you are posting a problem with TV and internet services in the Wireless forum, you're lucky you got any helpful response whatsoever.    

Wireless = cellular.  

To reach help by private message  @ATTU-verseCare

@ATTDIRECTVCare

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@WorstinUniverse wrote:

It seems like the forums are like the customer service phone calls where they ask for the same information in detail over and over again in hopes that you eventually give up except the forum includes responses from random people who aren't actually providing real answers either

We're all "random" people here, it's the community forum. You understand that you're the random person responding to this thread; you're also not providing real answers either. I'm just saying, that's how these things work.

Usually when we repeat a question to the same person, it's because they haven't answered it. I believe the record is SEVEN times for variations on the same question (some variant of "what date did you buy the phone?") because they kept not answering and asking vague things like "did we solve it yet?" but they wouldn't tell us what the "it" was. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.