Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 6, 2014
6:58:47 PM
View profile
Autopay and new credit card number
I received a new card from my bank, it also had a new number (thanks to the whole target data breach). I got a notification text from AT&T today "AT&T FREE MSG: AutoPay Enrollment Change Confirmation - conf #APA**********. Your change request has been processed." Not sure what it was, but it made me think that I had to updates Autopay to the new card number. Logged in the app and it's already been updated to the new number. How did AT&T get my new card number??
I received a new card from my bank, it also had a new number (thanks to the whole target data breach). I got a notification text from AT&T today "AT&T FREE MSG: AutoPay Enrollment Change Confirmation - conf #APA**********. Your change request has been processed." Not sure what it was, but it made me think that I had to updates Autopay to the new card number. Logged in the app and it's already been updated to the new number. How did AT&T get my new card number??
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 7, 2014 2:24:41 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Honestly, it's a good question. My best guess would be that the bank notified them.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Autopay and new credit card number

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 7, 2014 2:24:41 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Honestly, it's a good question. My best guess would be that the bank notified them.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Autopay and new credit card number

2 of 3 (1,801 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 7:04:26 AM
(0)
Contributor
I did eventually receive an email from AT&T saying the bank notified me.
I did eventually receive an email from AT&T saying the bank notified me.

Re: Autopay and new credit card number

3 of 3 (1,695 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments