Autopay and new credit card number

Highlighted
Contributor

Autopay and new credit card number

I received a new card from my bank, it also had a new number (thanks to the whole target data breach). I got a notification text from AT&T today "AT&T FREE MSG: AutoPay Enrollment Change Confirmation - conf #APA**********. Your change request has been processed." Not sure what it was, but it made me think that I had to updates Autopay to the new card number. Logged in the app and it's already been updated to the new number. How did AT&T get my new card number??
Message 1 of 4
Community Manager

Re: Autopay and new credit card number

Honestly, it's a good question. My best guess would be that the bank notified them.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I did eventually receive an email from AT&T saying the bank notified me.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I received a letter stating that my auto payment with my credit card will be pushed back every month to 8 days after the due date. Will there be a late payment fee added to my account if I continue to pay monthly with my credit card?

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support