Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Autopay Discount

Tutor

Autopay Discount

So I signed up with Autopay, when does my discount start?
Message 1 of 25
Tutor

Re: Autopay Discount

I signed up several months ago and received the discount for a couple of months, then received a notice that it will stop because I’m not complying with the requirements. I was (still am) registered for Autopay and Paperless. Agent told me that the autopay must use a debit card or bank checking account, not credit card. You missed that detail in your reply above. I also could not find that on your website, of course that doesn’t mean it’s not there, somewhere. 

Message 16 of 25
Contributor

Yes, I have signed up for auto pay as well and have yet to receive a discount.  I called a customer service representative and got the standard response, "I have fixed it and you will see it on your next bill".  Unfortunately I have heard this line so many times on different discount/credit issues in the past and I think they honestly just say that to get you off the phone because I never see the credits on the next bill.

Message 17 of 25
Tutor

Well, apparently if you auto-pay with certain credit cards, there is no discount. Direct bank withdrawals, debit cards and such only qualify.
Message 18 of 25
Contributor

Any way to be able to get the 65nplan for 45 with autopay even though I'm already enrolled for the 65nplan for 55 with autopay?

Message 19 of 25
Contributor

I signed up for autopay in October 2018 and paperless billing early November. I even called customer service in early November to make sure that my plan was qualified for the discount and that I had done everything necessary. The customer service rep told me yes I did qualify and that I should see my discount on my third billing cycle. Well, I’m in my third billing cycle after the paperless billing enrollment and fourth billing cycle after the autopay enrollment and no discount. I’m now being told through chat that my plan doesn’t qualify. I read everything I could find and was still confused whether my plan qualified so that is why I called and I find it very disappointing that I was told that I would get the discount and now I’m being told that I don’t. I would never have allowed ATT to reach their grubby fingers into my bank account on their own to take money had I not been told I would get $20.00 off my bill for doing so. I’m so tired of the scams and overpricing from all of these companies and their customer service reps do not even know how to help you and screw you over 9 times out of 10. Majorly disappointed with ATT. I cancelled my autopay and paperless billing. Thinking of switching my service all together. 

Message 20 of 25
Contributor

Contact the better business bureau. That’s what I’ve had to do because like
you, I was told one thing and something else would happen even after it was
guaranteed.
Message 21 of 25
Contributor

Ugh. Guy at the store lied to me and said all I had to do sign up for auto pay. He didn’t mention the paperless billing part. Had me waiting for a discount I was never going to get. Smh. 

Message 22 of 25
Tutor

As others have pointed out, and I checked myself, the fine print regarding the Autopay discount clearly states that it only applies if the form of payment is debit card or direct withdrawal from a bank account. I missed that myself, shame on me. Either the agents on the phone truly don’t know this and are unintentionally misinforming customers, of they are just lying, because autopay is good for ATT - they get paid nice and early every billing cycle. 

I got angry when I found this out, so I dropped autopay. The very next month I was on a business trip to Asia and noticed that I’m late for a payment and didn’t have a secure connection so I phoned to pay with my credit card. Not only did I get charged a late fee of $5 for being two days late, but an additional $5 fee for calling them on their international number. This of course was over and above the $10 per day I pay for international service, which, by the way, is the only reason I use ATT. It’s the best deal i could find anywhere. 

Message 23 of 25
Associated Member

This is absolutely 100% incorrect! Your credit score has no relevance to the AP/PB discount. It’s simply based on your data plan and the requirements under that plan....simple as that. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 24 of 25
Highlighted
Associated Member

That will not work... it must autodebit from your account. Now also keep in mind that if you are using a credit card that card will be charged 7 days after your cycle close date and if using a bank account your account will be debited 2 days before your due date. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 25 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support