Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Auto Bill payments are charged before we even see the statement. Let us choose payment date.

Contributor

Auto Bill payments are charged before we even see the statement. Let us choose payment date.

I do not like that Auto Bill Pay charges my credit card before I even see my statement. I cannot review the bill to make sure charges are correct.   When I called about changing the date of Auto Bill Pay, I learned it cannot be changed, and that my only option for paying later in the month is to decline Auto Bill Pay and lose the $10 credit. This is not customer friendly at all. For my Wells Fargo credit card, for example, I choose the payment date when I sign up for automatic payments and there is the option to pay exactly on the due date. Why does AT&T charge me before I even see the statement?

This is an issue because my bill amount has been different every month since I got my AT&T wireless phone in September 2018. As a DirecTV customer, I received a "free" iphone8 for switching to AT&T wireless. This actually translated into monthly credits spread over 3 years. However, these credits often don't post until after the Auto Bill Pay.  So I'm charged more 1 month, less the next month, it keeps varying.   I want a consistent bill.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by britty
‎03-06-2019 6:39 PM

Re: Auto Bill payments are charged before we even see the statement. Let us choose payment date.

You have another option. Autopay with a debit card or bank account and you will keep the autopay discount and the autopay date will be moved back to just before the due date. Only autopay with a credit card is that early.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Auto Bill payments are charged before we even see the statement. Let us choose payment date.

Thank you!  I've made this change to my account.  

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support