Need help understanding your bill?
cclpianos's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 15th, 2017 12:31 AM

At which point do you fire an inept employee? (AT&T)

My big question is: "When should a manager fire an inept employee?" This is a true story. Mind you, each incident took near or over 45 minutes in length. 

Simple problem, complex solution. My daughter wanted to separate her account from ours (family plan). Instructions from ATT: Must do so in person, both parties present. Not a problem, we go, we give data access to all necessary info, sign the papers and leave. 

One month later, I get bill, everything is right except they moved the wrong phone number. I call and "straighten it out". And leave a positive feedback.

One month later, problem still exists. Apparently the agent had no clue what was needed. Called in again, This time I was told that we needed to come in to a store and straighten it out in person. Both parties needed to sign papers.  It took at least 20 minutes to get this answer.

My daughter was working a full time job, wouldn't be able to do it for a while. So, I just ended up paying the bill, part on one phone account and balance on the other.

My daughter and I once again, go the the ATT store, in person. Another 45 minutes and another "it's good to go!"

Next month, wrong name on bills, sent to the wrong addresses. Cal in, another 45 minutes later, "it's all set"' 

Next month I receive the wrong bill, but the right address. (getting a little better now) Another call and "it's all set"', again. 45 minutes

Next month I get my daughters bill, she doesn't get a bill. But I paid her bill thinking it was mine, then a few days later came another bill. Another call and "it's all set"', again. 45  more minutes of my life.

Next month bills are finally correct, names addresses, amounts. But there's a LATE fee attached to my bill. HUH? Checked with my bank and the checks were paid on time. OK, $5.00, no biggie I just pay it, life is too short.

This month, I paid my bill two weeks early. Well, it's Good Friday (2 weeks later) and my phone isn't working. I call ATT which indicates my service has been suspended until I pay the balance due immediately. So, again, frustrated I called my bank to ensure my check to ATT had cleared. They confirmed, 2 weeks ago check cleared. So I call ATT again, the phone robot used for billing indicated my account was up to date, no problems. But I can't use my phone.

This time, it took an hour and a half of my life, because no one knew what was going on. (I am beet RED at this point)  I will only will speak to a supervisor and when this poor lady got on, she missed my signals, she wouldn't answer my question: "Does ATT have records of every call in I have made?" No answer, I repeat even more frustrated, she has to be coaxed a 3rd time and finally answers 'Yes". 

This is when I said, I was no longer interested in discussing "current account events", and demanded that she look at my records. Look at my record and find every call I made over this one problem. And she paused, like I am some lunatic, which immediately I gave verbal lashing too. And my ire went over the top, I was fuming mad, She then informed that she would not tolerate any profanity. (FOR WHICH I AM DEEPLY APOLOGETIC)

She left to inspect and came back and in few words was dispensing me to the "Delinquent Accounts" section. HUH? I've paid every bill sent to me. And they shut off my phone without WARNING! Finally, after an hour of waiting on the phone then telling the confused agent that i still owed money, find it so I can pay it please....... It took another half an hour, but we got it! 

I want out of my ATT contract. 

If this was your worker, your employee, would you still have him/her? If they took 12 hours of your life, created endless frustration and still asked to be paid? I say after 3 times a person should look for another job. NOT ATT, Not their supervisors, and apparently the ATT executives. I'd like one of the supers come and mow my lawn a few times, so I can have a little of my life back. I could "take the stress out" and watch them do my lawn.

Finally, they need a "THIS IS REALLY MESSED UP" signal for accounts that seem to be plagued by problems. Ain't no possabillitee of that happening......

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

They don't even get the first part right.  TOBR can be done online

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045265

Please send a message to advanced support by clicking here > @ATTMobilityCare

they can fix your account

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.