Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 10, 2011
6:47:15 AM
View profile
Are Calls Between Two ATT Mobile Phones Really Free?

After our daughter told us that minutes used in calls between two ATT mobile phones are not charged to either subscriber (she recently switched), I called ATT customer support to confirm. After a conversation with a person who seemed to have difficuly understanding my question, the answer was "Yes, you will not be billed for minutes used in calls between two ATT mobile subscribers".

I'm concerned because when I check usage online, it appears that the minutes in the ATT - ATT calls are accumulating toward our limit, and I don't want to find out the hard way that I "misunderstood" the ATT rep when a huge bill arrives.

Does anybody know how I can get this "free minutes between ATT phones" in writing?

After our daughter told us that minutes used in calls between two ATT mobile phones are not charged to either subscriber (she recently switched), I called ATT customer support to confirm. After a conversation with a person who seemed to have difficuly understanding my question, the answer was "Yes, you will not be billed for minutes used in calls between two ATT mobile subscribers".

I'm concerned because when I check usage online, it appears that the minutes in the ATT - ATT calls are accumulating toward our limit, and I don't want to find out the hard way that I "misunderstood" the ATT rep when a huge bill arrives.

Does anybody know how I can get this "free minutes between ATT phones" in writing?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 12, 2011 5:47:51 PM
(0)
Employee
Is make sure to check your plan though. There are still a few really old plans that don't include mobile to mobile calling, if you have one of these plans that may be why your anytime minutes appear to be being used.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Are Calls Between Two ATT Mobile Phones Really Free?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 10, 2011 7:43:05 AM
(0)
Expert

pvdg42 wrote:

Mobile calls between two ATT cell phones are not chargeable

Mobile calls between ATT and a different carrier are chargeable unless you have Unlimited Texting with Mobile to and Mobile and a qualifying voice plan.

It is documented on the website in the tos. You can also see it on the OLAM screen fro yout recent usage, one of the columns is labeled Mobile to Mobile, if you highlight the ? next to header talks about what the total includes

pvdg42 wrote:

Mobile calls between two ATT cell phones are not chargeable

Mobile calls between ATT and a different carrier are chargeable unless you have Unlimited Texting with Mobile to and Mobile and a qualifying voice plan.

It is documented on the website in the tos. You can also see it on the OLAM screen fro yout recent usage, one of the columns is labeled Mobile to Mobile, if you highlight the ? next to header talks about what the total includes

Re: Are Calls Between Two ATT Mobile Phones Really Free?

2 of 7 (19,171 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 9:18:49 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Wingridge laid this out pretty clearly. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Wingridge laid this out pretty clearly. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 7 (19,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 12, 2011 5:47:51 PM
(0)
Employee
Is make sure to check your plan though. There are still a few really old plans that don't include mobile to mobile calling, if you have one of these plans that may be why your anytime minutes appear to be being used.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 7 (19,115 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 1:56:34 PM
(0)
Scholar
  • The customer receives a call while within the calling area of their rate plan.
  • The call can be received from any other AT&T subscriber anywhere in the world.
  • The call bills as M2M and will not deduct from the customer's plan minutes.
    Note: The AT&T customer making the call may incur charges based on their location when the call is made.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
  • The customer receives a call while within the calling area of their rate plan.
  • The call can be received from any other AT&T subscriber anywhere in the world.
  • The call bills as M2M and will not deduct from the customer's plan minutes.
    Note: The AT&T customer making the call may incur charges based on their location when the call is made.

5 of 7 (19,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 5:39:05 AM
(0)
Tutor
Right you are Imstef!
I called again and found, by presistently asking about calls counting toward limits that should no have, that my account was one that DID NOT include free ATT mobile-to-mobile calling.
I switched plans and now have that. Moral: do NOT accept a generic answer. Double check.
Right you are Imstef!
I called again and found, by presistently asking about calls counting toward limits that should no have, that my account was one that DID NOT include free ATT mobile-to-mobile calling.
I switched plans and now have that. Moral: do NOT accept a generic answer. Double check.

6 of 7 (19,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 2:50:22 PM
(0)
Employee
I'm glad to help! There aren't many plans out there that don't have the mobile to mobile but there are a few of em. Good to hear we got you fixed up.
I'm glad to help! There aren't many plans out there that don't have the mobile to mobile but there are a few of em. Good to hear we got you fixed up.

7 of 7 (19,042 Views)