For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Awinchester's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 30th, 2017 3:06 AM

Apple Upgrade Program

I want the iPhone X, and I am planning on financing through Apple. However, I cannot get a clear answer from any of the people I have to talked to at AT&T about whether this would cause my bill to go up. The people I talked to said they believe that it would make my bill go up because the monthly payment for the phone would be added to my bill. I don’t understand why. Apple uses Citizens One for their financing, so they payments would be charged to the credit card I use to sign up initially. Since the payments would be charged to my credit card, would it not appear to AT&T that I was activating a fully paid for iPhone? The reps told me the only way my bill would not change is if the phone was paid for in full. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I suspect the reps saying your bill would go up thought you were signing up for a Next plan through Apple, which is entirely possible. However, since you are using Apple’s financing program, your ATT bill won’t change.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

You may have spoken to people that don’t realize Apple has its own financing.  

They must live under a rock, but it’s possible. 🙄

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

That’s what I thought. I specifically told them when I called that I was going to do Apple financing, not Next. All three people, and a person claiming to be a manager, seemed unaware that Apple offers their own financing. 

Thanks for the info!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.