For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Kshunka's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, December 27th, 2015 10:40 AM

Am I being double billed?

After reviewing my current bill, I feel like I have been double billed. Can anyone help me understand this?

ATT bill screen capture.PNGATT plan summary screen capture.PNG

2 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

No, you are not being double charged. Your "normal" monthly charge is $40 for 3GB of data and $40 for the access charge with a $15 discount. The two $34.67 charges are those same two charges for a partial month, 11/28-12/23 and a partial discount of $13. This must be your first bill as you have almost 2 months of charges. You are being charged for service from 11/28-12/23 and for the next full month of service 12/24-1/23. All subsequent bills will only be for one month of service. 

Scholar

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

That is typical of AT&T's convoluted billing system. Something similar happened when I ported my late mother's phone number to my cell phone (the number had been in the family since October 1959):

On 26 December 2015 I received my bill covering the date of the phone number change. It was DOUBLE my regular bill initially. I was finally able to puzzle out what AT&T did. OK, the old phone number was in effect for about the first six days of the billing cycle, then the new number was in effect for the remaining portion. So what does AT&T do? First they charge BOTH numbers the full billing cycle amount so it starts out being double. Then they list all the credits for the first 6 days the new number was not in effect. After that they list all the credits for the remaining portion the old number was not in use. Finally after two pages the final, TRUE amount due is listed which is close to a normal bill (allowing for the varying tax amounts each month).

Talk about a ridiculous way of doing things. All my other utility bills just use the date of a change to signify a change. The period before the date change is listed with the amount due for that period, then the post-change period amount is listed, and lastly the sum of the two sub-amounts. All this fits on one sheet of paper.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

they charged me twice in November.  it's in black and white on my statement.  Yet, they claim I wasn't. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

@nonplussed

You can do as the OP did and redact personal info and post your bill.  We would be happy to look at it.  

Or it may help to look at the OPs sample:  Note the dates.  He is being billed for November - December, then for December - January.  This is a typical first bill, for past service and current service in one bill.  Future bills will reflect only one, current month.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.