Need help understanding your bill?
progame's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 23rd, 2014 10:20 PM

Agent misled me to get me to change my plan. Please change my plan back.

I had been on the same wireless plan for about 4.5 years.

On an unrelated u-verse call the agent (I have her name and date of call and order number) told me I could switch to a new plan for less money, $107 vs. the $120 I was paying, and get unlimited calls and text and go from unlimited data to 10G of data, which should be plenty. I completely clarified everything on the call before agreeing to change. $107 would be the approximate amount of new total bill, no other changes, hidden fees, or temporary discounts.

When I got my bill the amount was too high. But I figured that was a result of the $60 in international data/call plans I added 3 months ago and have had to call multiple times to get removed. I looked at in detail and discovered the $107 plan was really $130. Then I looked at the fine print and found out if I upgrade my phone then it goes to $180!

I called and wanted to go back to my old plan but was told I needed to call within 60 days and I called at 63 days.

I hope someone at ATT has the authorization and customer service skills to make this right. I want my old plan back. Otherwise I will switch to another provider.

Thank you.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@progame wrote:

On an unrelated u-verse call the agent (I have her name and date of call and order number) told me I could switch to a new plan for less money, $107 vs. the $120 I was paying, and get unlimited calls and text and go from unlimited data to 10G of data, which should be plenty. I completely clarified everything on the call before agreeing to change. $107 would be the approximate amount of new total bill, no other changes, hidden fees, or temporary discounts.

When I got my bill the amount was too high. But I figured that was a result of the $60 in international data/call plans I added 3 months ago and have had to call multiple times to get removed. I looked at in detail and discovered the $107 plan was really $130. Then I looked at the fine print and found out if I upgrade my phone then it goes to $180!

I called and wanted to go back to my old plan but was told I needed to call within 60 days and I called at 63 days.

I hope someone at ATT has the authorization and customer service skills to make this right. I want my old plan back. Otherwise I will switch to another provider.

Thank you.

Let me see.  You have the new Mobile Share Value Plan with 10GB data, correct?  This would be $100 for teh 10GB data plus $15/smartphone for out of contract phones or phones under contract prior to 02/01/2014.  If your bill is $130 now, that would mean that you have 2 smartphones on the plan.  This is also supported by the comment about "if I upgraded the cost goes up to $180" because if you sign a new 2 year contract, you lose that $25/phone discount for out-of-contract pricing.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Correct. And I was on FamilyTalk 550 with rollover and 2 unlimited data for iPhone.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

They got me also, except I have 5 phones.  They lure you in with the $15 a month per phone. My att rep put it in writing that my bill wouldnt above $15 since I switched plans before March.  But now if you upgrade it goes to $40, which is a lot more than the older plans.  Save now, but pay lots more later. ATT wouldnt honor the promised upgrades, even though I have it in writing.  I have to buy my own phones to keep the lower pricing.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@joe2014 wrote:

They got me also, except I have 5 phones.  They lure you in with the $15 a month per phone. My att rep put it in writing that my bill wouldnt above $15 since I switched plans before March.  But now if you upgrade it goes to $40, which is a lot more than the older plans.  Save now, but pay lots more later. ATT wouldnt honor the promised upgrades, even though I have it in writing.  I have to buy my own phones to keep the lower pricing.

I do not understand why this is surprising to so many people. I knew the day they announced the mobile share plans that if I switched, I'd be paying full price for my upgrades from then on. I went ahead and switched anyway because the cost savings on the service was too good to pass on. 

It did not make sense for the OP to switch, though, if there old plan was $120. To the OP, be advised this is a user to user forum and no one from customer service will act on your request. I suggest you send a private message to ATTCustomerCare, they may be able to rectify your issue. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I think it was poor training on Att's about the new plan. The customer service said if you signed up before the March date you were excluded from the increased from $15 to $40. Believe me I questioned it 5 times, like I said they wrote it down for me because I didn't believe them. But in the end ATT had the finally say and all that was "sorry they were wrong" . Nothing else. I wrote a letter to Att with the copy of the transcript. All Att said is we are sorry. So if I were to upgrade all 5 phones the plan increases to over $300 a month. Which is much more than the old family share plans. Sprint in my area seems to be the lowest cost provider. Will be looking into switching .

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I guess lot of people got screwed same as me. Well, this is ridiculuous.  Out of 2 lines that I placed order, only 1 line ended up getting the discount. I could not get the fact straight with the customer service that both lines were eligible and verified with the agent when I placed the orders. Somehow their billing system now shows that I agreed to 2 year plan with non eligible line. And they cannot do anything. I was actually told to either pay the cancellation penalty if I choose to cancel or just honor the contract. When I tried to pursue the matter, I got hung up by billing service supervisor. I wish I had wrote down his name. I am filing a complaint with FCC about this matter.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Same thing happened to my wife, I went to upgrade to an iphone6 today, found out my grandfathered unlimited plan was gone, called att, they told me there was nothing they would do

about this, I do a lot of business all over the US, att can tell by my phone usage, darn

@progame wrote:

Thank you.

straight i

will be letting everyone know how underhanded these shysters are, I have 5 lines, ipads, uverse

it is very unsettling how the people can ge

@progame wrote:

Thank you.

t away with this kind of unethical so called business

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.