Need help understanding your bill?
imjustasking's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 16th, 2018 9:27 PM

What is the Administrative Fee and why does it keeps increasing?

I'm wondering what the Administrative Fee is and why it keeps increasing.In about six months it increased from 79 cents to $1.99. I'm just wondering what is the purpose of the charge and why it will apparently continue to increase. It may seem small to most, but small changes add up in the end. I'm politely asking for someone to help me understand. Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@imjustasking wrote:

I'm wondering what the Administrative Fee is and why it keeps increasing.In about six months it increased from 79 cents to $1.99. I'm just wondering what is the purpose of the charge and why it will apparently continue to increase. It may seem small to most, but small changes add up in the end. I'm politely asking for someone to help me understand. Thank you in advance.

What it is: The Administrative Fee helps defray certain expenses AT&T incurs, including but not limited to: (a) charges AT&T or its agents pay to interconnect with other carriers to deliver calls from AT&T customers to their customers; and (b) charges associated with cell site rents and maintenance. (see https://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/additionalcharges/?Source=ESSZ0SSPR00wadsEM&wtExtndSource=20180413214400_Wireless%20Billing_Mobility_LITHIUM_1471000150)

It went up because Verizon increased their fee. Both are now $1.99. There's no way to tell what the future will hold. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks so much for the information. Very helpful. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.