Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Administrative Fee

Highlighted

Administrative Fee

I'm wondering what the Administrative Fee is and why it keeps increasing.In about six months it increased from 79 cents to $1.99. I'm just wondering what is the purpose of the charge and why it will apparently continue to increase. It may seem small to most, but small changes add up in the end. I'm politely asking for someone to help me understand. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by imjustasking
‎07-16-2018 3:06 PM

Re: Administrative Fee

@imjustasking wrote:

I'm wondering what the Administrative Fee is and why it keeps increasing.In about six months it increased from 79 cents to $1.99. I'm just wondering what is the purpose of the charge and why it will apparently continue to increase. It may seem small to most, but small changes add up in the end. I'm politely asking for someone to help me understand. Thank you in advance.

What it is: The Administrative Fee helps defray certain expenses AT&T incurs, including but not limited to: (a) charges AT&T or its agents pay to interconnect with other carriers to deliver calls from AT&T customers to their customers; and (b) charges associated with cell site rents and maintenance. (see https://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/additionalcharges/?Source=ESSZ0SSPR00wadsEM&wtExtndS...)

It went up because Verizon increased their fee. Both are now $1.99. There's no way to tell what the future will hold. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3

Re: Administrative Fee

Thanks so much for the information. Very helpful. 

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support