For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Jimmycena2's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, August 8th, 2017 6:30 AM

Account was not cancelled when i change provider

Just found out 2 days ago after receiving an email for a balance that my aacount was still active after i change company due to high bill issues constantly.
Was tired of going for 4 months with real high invoices and it all starts cause reps want to get u into a new plan. Prices they quote u at the moment never seem to happen when actual bill comes in.

I transfer my 4 numbers to the new provider with the exception of one number wish i was ask if i wanted new numbers or keep the same, so i kept3 and requested to have a new numbe on one of the phones. Well that one new number didnt cancelled one line and remain active apperantly with att wish I was jot aware. So now att wants me to pay for a month of service i was not aware and never used. If i woulf of use it intentionally and knowingly i would of paid it but ask them to chek account so they can see i never used it and they said that didnt matter. And apperantly since im no longer a customer they cant help me unless it was an att error.
What a way try to do something beyond for the customer, and hopefully have customer return. Worst customer service ever and they try to rub an apparent customer service of the year.
All i know when people go to: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/att_broadband.html
There rated worst top customer service company. With the experience i encounter today, will defently never return to at&t. Had been with them for years, was even a level 4 customer. Sorry to see how company doesnt really give a dam about customer satisfaction.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Jimmycena2 You didn't transfer the line and you didn't cancel the line. 

Your new provider has no way to just cancel lines on your old account unless you port them out.

AT&T had no way of knowing you wanted it canceled. This is NOT on AT&T. 

This is for a customer who accidentally left a line open when they canceled all their other lines with AT&T, they're not worried about your customer satisfaction, you're already gone...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

This is on you.  If you don't port all numbers out, or call ATT to cancel, your plan with ATT is still active abound you still get billed.  You would always have one final bill anyway.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Obviously thats Att excuse, ive only been with att since i can remeber 14 yra ago and had never change company before. Now i know i have to cheked and beleive me it wont happend again.
But if At&t really value my business, the least they could of done was send me an email trying to figure out what happend or a letter. AT&T is the professional in customer service with apperantly top customer satisfaction. At no point did they try to reachnout for me and get an update of what happend. So please stop supporting att and blaming customer for all the issues.

Me on my personal business, when i dont see a customer or hasnt stop by in a while we reach out to them by sending letters, email and even phone calls just to see if things are ok as we value their business and keep us going.

Pretty sure with all the staff att has they could do the same thing.

Obiusly i left and for them, its like, forget him let him deal with the issues. We dont need them. Ask if i will ever return back after this experince, because like u said it was my fault.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Jimmycena2

Not an excuse.  its fact and SOP in the business.   As you say, now you know for the next time you switch.   Your new carrier has a forum, go ask them.   

ATT has millions of customers.  the Churn is in the millions per year.  No Carrier is going to track down every customer who leaves.  its a waste of resources.   

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Jimmycena2 wrote:
Obviously thats Att excuse, ive only been with att since i can remeber 14 yra ago and had never change company before.

It's not an "excuse".  You canceled the other 3 lines by porting them out. You didn't port the other number away you just added a line with the new company and left your old line at AT&T.

They would have no reason to think you wanted that line canceled.

But if At&t really value my business, the least they could of done was send me an email trying to figure out what happend or a letter.

There was nothing to figure out. You ported out 3 of 4 lines, there isn't anything confusing about that. 3 people wanted a different carrier and the 4 lines didn't. This happens all the time.

The only person that knew what you were doing was the person who helped you port over, they should have said if you pick a new number, the old line stays with AT&T.

At no point did they try to reachnout for me and get an update of what happend.

The didn't need an update. You're the one who needed to reach out to see what was going on.

So please stop supporting att and blaming customer for all the issues

I don't blame the customer for all the issues.

But this one was not AT&T's fault. It doesn't even appear to be any grey area about it. 

• You ported out 3 lines.
  • You left a line at AT&T. You intentionally didn't bring that line over. 
    (If there is any confusion here, it's because of what the new carrier had you do)
  • You did not ask AT&T to cancel the line.
  • AT&T billed you for the line, just as they should.

Me on my personal business, when i dont see a customer or hasnt stop by in a while we reach out to them by sending letters, email and even phone calls just to see if things are ok as we value their business and keep us going. 

That sounds AWESOME! But that's not what they do.

You can get two for one movie tickets on Tuesday or a year of the FullScreen streaming service, or free digital magazine subscriptions.

Pretty sure with all the staff att has they could do the same thing.

Clearly that's not their policy. IF ANYTHING, they would have thought, this guy knows what he's doing, he only transferred out the three lines he needed to transfer and kept one with AT&T. 

ON THE OTHER HAND, your intent was to sneak off in the middle of the night and change carriers without telling AT&T, you didn't even have the courtesy to tell AT&T you were leaving you had someone else do it. BUT you want to blame AT&T for not canceling all the lines on your account.

HOW WOULD THEY KNOW IF YOU DON"T TELL THEM???

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Clearly that's not their policy. IF ANYTHING, they would have thought, this guy knows what he's doing, he only transferred out the three lines he needed to transfer and kept one with AT&T.

ON THE OTHER HAND, your intent was to sneak off in the middle of the night and change carriers without telling AT&T, you didn't even have the courtesy to tell AT&T you were leaving you had someone else do it. BUT you want to blame AT&T for not canceling all the lines on your account.

Do you guys ever sit back and read what u have answer before posting. I guess im a thieve on the night. After having 4 months of constant billing issues of course i was going to Change. My pending balance was not the issue here, since u all representives post the same crap, balance was paid and i gladly paid for my service of what i Owe that is not the issue. Where do u all come up with all this hidius concluisions.

I cancelled before the new month, and since all of u answering the same thing, that i intentionally left a line. If that was the case i could of switch to a lower plan for service on a tablet, and not keep service that included 3 lines and data share plan for a tablet.
I ask rep to check my Bill on usage after the 24th of the month i left and it show zero data usage on my bill, after that date. That proves so much of how much i new of my account being active. If it would of showen activity that would of proven that i defenitly knew there was service, why would i ever want to wait to go thru the hasle of putting up with att.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

ATT has millions of customers. the Churn is in the millions per year. No Carrier is going to track down every customer who leaves. its a waste of resources.

No wonder att is going down big time in customer service. ACE is the only company that thinks highly if them. U need to checked other website so u can see the truth and not be blinded by the company.

Is AT&T, BBB acredited.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

These are fellow customers, not at&t employees. Would you rather companies randomly cancel your lines without you telling them? Because that's exactly what you are upset didn't happen

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Jimmycena2  You failed to read everything.  We are NOT representatives.  We are customers.  We don't work for ATT.  

This isn't whether you intentional left a line, its you neglectfully didn't port a line over then negelectfully didn't cancel a line by contacting ATT directly.  

I don't suppose it occurred to you people split up accounts all the time.  If Carriers canceled every line that was "leftover" after a port out, there would be a lot of angry customers on all carriers.  

You can keep blaming ATT for your failure to cancel the line, but your wrong here and no one you tell this story to is going to back you.   Go ask your new carrier.  

This is a new twist.  Usually we see people blame ATT for not canceling lines they left on another carrier (the reverse of your issue).  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

My point on the "sneaking out" was you didn't tell AT&T you were leaving, but somehow you expect them to know...

@Jimmycena2 wrote:
I cancelled before the new month, and since all of u answering the same thing, that i intentionally left a line. If that was the case i could of switch to a lower plan for service on a tablet, and not keep service that included 3 lines and data share plan for a tablet.

You haven't told us you canceled this forth line in these messages. You told us you ported out 3 lines, effectively canceling 3 lines. Nothing about the 4th line at AT&T. 

You set up a 4th line at your new carrier, but that's got nothing to do with the line at AT&T. In your head it's the 4th line from AT&T, but it's not.

I ask rep to check my Bill on usage after the 24th of the month i left and it show zero data usage on my bill, after that date. That proves so much of how much i new of my account being active. If it would of showen activity that would of proven that i defenitly knew there was service, why would i ever want to wait to go thru the hasle of putting up with att.

Your lack of knowledge is irrelevant.

My mother sometimes doesn't use her cell all month, no use means nothing.

Just because you didn't realize you needed to cancel it is not AT&T's issue.

If it's a companies fault it's your new company's fault for not telling that choosing a new line would not cancel a line at AT&T. I know you don't want to take any responsibility, but it's really your fault for not double-checking in to make sure everything got canceled properly, because you didn't cancel it. Clearly you didn't understand how everything works, so checking would have been good.

ACE is the only company that thinks highly if them. U need to checked other website so u can see the truth and not be blinded by the company.

No one is saying AT&T is perfect or wonderful here.  

We're just saying in your case it's NOT AT&T's fault.

You're the one that seems to think AT&T is an amazing mind reader and should have know to cancel your line for you. I can show you many posts of people upset by AT&T because a line got canceled after months of non-use (prepaid lines). Because they thought it should have been active. In those cases it's sometimes poorly given info from AT&T (making those cases AT&T's fault).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.