For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Hecktre's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 10th, 2017 5:35 AM

Access smartphone charge

I have problem with billing for access smartphone charge. My plan includes no charge for access smartphone fee. When I created account, it explained on the advertisement description at AT&T . I captured the ad. describing for no access smartphone fee.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

I'm not sure what you're  asking?   

Are you saying you have a smartphone and are being billed for a $20 access for smartphone as well as a data plan, but did not expect this charge?   

Post the screen shot of the add...

Your bill should look like one of these below (I have an older plan, with a different access fee)

Every device will have a phone number and a charge related to it to access the service.  

IMG_5804.JPGIMG_5803.JPG

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Plan included free of access charge.
10% added to the bill for access charge. Tax added to the bill. There is no discount whatsoever and device installment is 30 month.😥

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Hecktre It is not possible to not have an access fee. Every ATT postpaid plan has a line or access fee on every line. Please share the ad you captured, you must somehow be misreading it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Hecktre   

I agree with @sandblaster.  You did not understand the advertisement.  Prepaid plans are inclusive, meaning the line access and plan (talk, text and data) are one charge, these are always single phone plans.

Postpaid plans are ala carte as any number of devices may be connected to one plan (talk, text and data).  

Taxes are always added unless specifically said otherwise (like T-mobile One which is inclusive).  

Equipment is never included, either bring your own phone, or you have to buy one.  In your case on payment plan.

All this was presented to you in print.  Either by email, or in store.  Did you not read before you signed?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.