Need help understanding your bill?
bmarquez's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 18th, 2018 1:18 AM

Access Discount: will I lose it?

My plan is the Mobile Share Value 15GB with Rollover Data. We have 3 lines on this account, none of which has been under contract for years (I've been buying all our phones second hand & then bringing them in to AT&T to activate). As a result, we've had the Discount for Access (-$25) on each line. I am now looking into upgrading our phones through AT&T this time and am trying to determine if doing so will cause us to lose the aforementioned discount. My Live Chat person left me more confused than when I started, so here I am! Anyone have any insight or experience to share?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

You have to pay full price for the phones so no you won't lose the discount but your bill will go up by the cost of the phone if you do att next. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Yup.  I finally upgraded with Next after 4 years.  I keep my $25 discount, but now have installment on the phone.  

I can pay it off at any time.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

As long as you don't sign a service contract you keep it (next isn't a service contract) 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

If anyone offers a discounted phone with a 2 year contract, don’t do it. Though ATT isn’t supposed to be doing 2 year contracts any more, we are hearing of customer support offering them. You will lose the $25 discount if you do that and that phone will end up costing more than just paying the full retail price.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

That is another one of those "BAIT & SWITCH" manuvers that was also pulled on me. I would have a promised/sold promotion for one month and the next it was gone. Upon my enquiry to billing I was told that the "reps should have never done that, but we fixed it now",  My further enquiry into this type of practice yielded, "Pay the difference Mr. Weldon or return your phones and cancel the service, we will then turn you over to collections, either way you agreed and signed the contract, "WE DIDN'T."  I was then disconnected and for some "ODD" reason I could not get to a real person for the next (2) hours.

Weldini 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Yep you’ll lose it because your grandfathered into that AMAZING DEAL! I feel your pain and there is nothing you can do to stay in it once you need att to finance you a new phone.... try and get another second handed dude!!!  I went from paying 145 /mo for two phones with 15gb plan for ea...to 230 on a TERHERED SOEED “ UNLIMITED “ plan that in fact so limited I want to cry most days. Sorry att. I just don’t like you guys anymore. Your liars and scam artists who abuse your employees with quotas that hold them hostage to this savage behavior and treatment of HUMAN BEINGS... I work hard enough, I can’t babysit my phone company. Two to four hour phone calls (against my cell data for my SWEET unlimited headache and asspain plan...

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@63366Survivor wrote:

Yep you’ll lose it because your grandfathered into that AMAZING DEAL! I feel your pain and there is nothing you can do to stay in it once you need att to finance you a new phone....

Huh?  You can always keep your old plan, but you have to make sure to say so.

try and get another second handed dude!!!  I went from paying 145 /mo for two phones with 15gb plan for ea...to 230 on a TERHERED SOEED “ UNLIMITED “ plan that in fact so limited I want to cry most days. Sorry att. I just don’t like you guys anymore. Your liars and scam artists who abuse your employees with quotas that hold them hostage to this savage behavior and treatment of HUMAN BEINGS... I work hard enough, I can’t babysit my phone company. Two to four hour phone calls (against my cell data for my SWEET unlimited headache and asspain plan...

5 minutes on any carriers website and you know what the costs are.  No excuse, and no blaming the carrier if you can read. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.