For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Xeon64's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, August 13th, 2015 5:09 PM

Absolutly Disgusted! NOT LEASING A PHONE!

My S4 broke last night and I need a new phone TODAY! Went to the AT&T store and was told the AT&T no longer does 2 year contracts in store and that I have to lease a new phone for $25 per month! That is $600 for 24 months. Where is my upgrade I asked. Told that I can only do it online and that if I did go the 2 year contract option online that my bill would go up $15 dollars per month. Well I am not doign that or leasing a PHONE AT&T. I do not do month payments for goods and never will!! I will buy unlocked phones and when you try to steal more of my money by making an extra charge for that I AM DONE!! I had $200 dollars to get a new phone today and guess what my money is still in my pocket!!! Your smart phones are not going to be part of my monthly expenses. 

BOYCOTT THIS SCAM WAY OF BUYING PHONES PEOPLE!!! Basically they are now making us pay for the cell phone plans and lease the Phones!!! They want people to go into Debt!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Because it is essentially taking out a loan for a phone. Which is absolutely absurd to me and is one of the reasons so many people get into trouble with money in this country. 6 months from now I might not have a job. Loans are for car payments and house notes. If you don't have the money up front don't buy it.

I was basing my math off of my bill.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

9 years ago

We get that you are upset, but businesses do change their fee structures from time to time.  You are getting an out of contract discount now.  If you choose to take a two-year contract to get the desired price on your phone, you will lose your monthly service discount.  If you want to keep your monthly service discount, you will have to pay the full price for the phone, either all at once or through the Next program.

It also sounds like you were on a legacy plan and chose to change to a Mobile Share Value plan.  When you chose to change your plan, you also gave yourself the upgrade options listed above and took away the upgrade option that you had on your old plan.  This leads me to wonder why you are upset, since this was your choice to begin with.

Keep in mind that there are other ways to buy phones.  Some manufacturers sell directly to consumers (Motorola, BlackBerry and some others).  While I don't recommend these, there are also third-party sites like ebay and swappa that you can use to buy a phone.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

There are some decent Android phones available unlocked and fully purchased for $250-350, so buy one of those and save even more money then, and you don't have to pay over time.  If you want a $650 phone, be prepared to pay for it one way or another.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.