Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 17, 2011
6:24:40 PM
About the charge of additional data

okay so I exceed my monthly data limit and is informed that ATT's gonna charge me $15 for additional 200MB (I have the minimum data plan), and my question is whether ATT charges the fee per additional 1MB or just the $15 as long as I don't exceed it again?

thx very much.

okay so I exceed my monthly data limit and is informed that ATT's gonna charge me $15 for additional 200MB (I have the minimum data plan), and my question is whether ATT charges the fee per additional 1MB or just the $15 as long as I don't exceed it again?

thx very much.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 2, 2012 10:24:37 AM
(0)
Community Support

@doahuang, visit http://www.att.com/shop/en/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=HZSOQHQ0xDP for information on overage charges and available plans that may better fit your needs. Let us know if you have any questions.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

About the charge of additional data

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 17, 2011 6:30:07 PM
(0)
Professor

The $15 is for another 200MB.  If you use more than that this month, you will be charged another $15 for another additional 200MB.  This will continue until your monthly billing cycle restarts. 

The best thing for you to do now is to switch to the DataPro plan for $25, and back date it to the beginning of this billing cycle in your OLAM.  As it is now, you are spending at least $30 for at least 400 MB.  You save $5 with my suggestion, and probably won't go over again this month, based on your usage.  You can switch back to DataPlus for your next billing cycle.

The $15 is for another 200MB.  If you use more than that this month, you will be charged another $15 for another additional 200MB.  This will continue until your monthly billing cycle restarts. 

The best thing for you to do now is to switch to the DataPro plan for $25, and back date it to the beginning of this billing cycle in your OLAM.  As it is now, you are spending at least $30 for at least 400 MB.  You save $5 with my suggestion, and probably won't go over again this month, based on your usage.  You can switch back to DataPlus for your next billing cycle.

Re: About the charge of additional data

2 of 5 (5,138 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 6:42:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

so it's like ATT already charged me $30 for 400MB, right?

alright i think i'll never exceed my data limit again

btw, no matter what it's a ripoff Smiley Sad

so it's like ATT already charged me $30 for 400MB, right?

alright i think i'll never exceed my data limit again

btw, no matter what it's a ripoff Smiley Sad

3 of 5 (5,133 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 6:52:47 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Aug 17, 2011 at 6:53:45 PM

Yes, from the wording of your first post, it sounds like you have already been billed the additional $15 for a total of 400MB.

Yes, from the wording of your first post, it sounds like you have already been billed the additional $15 for a total of 400MB.

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (5,131 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 2, 2012 10:24:37 AM
(0)
Community Support

@doahuang, visit http://www.att.com/shop/en/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=HZSOQHQ0xDP for information on overage charges and available plans that may better fit your needs. Let us know if you have any questions.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (4,771 Views)
Solution