For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Contestions's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 8:09 PM

Closed

ATT stole my trade-in phone

I did promotion "get a free iPhone 7 with trade-in of iPhone 6" but store employee where I traded in phone filled out the computer form wrong because it was too ambiguous the employee was not properly trained. They put in the wrong customer phone number so my number did not get the promotion. I now have to call multiple times every month and spend hours on the phone each time. They keep requesting new information and cannot see information from previous claims that were denied. They keep making me do additional repetative work because they cannot communicate with store, see previous claims, recieve documents to prove the information they seek and allow me to talk to claims people directly. Every month the claim gets denied for some incorrect reason and thats it. They say its ineligible and we are keeping the phone you traded in but you do not get the credit. So every month I have to prove thats their claims person is wrong and start a new claim but no on will even address that my phone is being stolen if they say I'm ineligible and don't get phone returned. Some of the problems they have is that they have no record that I traded in a phone even though I called them when at store so back office team could speak to store employee and have trade-in receipt printed out with notes on the account. The att rep keeps demanding that I go to store so they can put note on account so there can be evidence that I traded in phone. I try to explain that I already did this but since its not a real att store they have different systems and cannot see each others notes and receipts and since he cannot see information from previous claims that he wants me to start all over. 

Can someone please tell me what are my options so its easy for me to resolve this: Do I can sue them in small claims court or just switch carriers, not pay my bill and fill claim with BBB?

Can anyone else help me here better than the phone rep managers?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Do you have a receipt?   @Gary L do you have that receipt for turning in your phone in your uploaded photos?   

@Contestions  you would have received a printed receipt for the sale of the new phone and trade in for the old one, with your account and phone number information on it.  

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

Okay after spending 2 hours on phone a rep manager reading through all my notes we found that when the trade-in promotion was completed that since the store employee entered in wrong phone number that one promotion was lost and replaced with the trade-in promotion. My wife was on Verizon but att had promotion to get free iPhone 7 if you switch and have att tv so she did and got her free phone. I then used her old phone that we could've sold on eBay for promotion get free iPhone 7 with iPhone 6 trade-in but since store employee entered in phone number of the phone being traded in and that number was also same number of my wife's number that was already on promotion then the 1st promotion got cancelled. I need 1st promotion added back to my wife's number and trade-in promotion applied to my number. 

Can someone please help me here so I don't have to spend hours on the phone anymore?

Is there any way I can be compensated for spending over 48 hours on the phone trying to fix att mistakes and procedures?

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

yes my "Trade-in reciept" number is 30092616000460 but since its not authorized att store they are unable to communicate with one another and rep says I cannot even email it to him or anything. They want me to get store to add note to account but I already tried this and they said they cannot see each others notes because they have different systems.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Contestions I'd send a copy of your receipt  and contact info to @ATTMobilityCare to see if they can help you.

Is there any way I can be compensated for spending over 48 hours on the phone trying to fix att mistakes and procedures?

Not likely, maybe a small credit.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but that's where checking the receipt at the time probably would have saved you a lot of time.  (The TWO receipts they gave me both have my number on them).

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

are there not att reps on this forum that can resolve my problem since the phone reps and their claim process doesn't work? Ive been calling multiple time every month for a year trying to resolve this and overtime its like 2 hours per phone call. What am I suppose to do - let them steal my phone? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Contestions   ATT reps would tell you exactly what @Gary L just did.  Send copies to @ATTMobilityCare.   The forum is public and they will be asking for account specific, private information.  ATT does not use email.  The message system is in lu of that.   

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

So I have to use Twitter?

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

I dont understand how to send message - is the @ just for this site?

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

att doesn't care about me ;(

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Contestions wrote:

@ I dont understand how to send message - is the @ just for this site?

CLICK the link and chose PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.