For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
mcdover's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, February 16th, 2018 4:38 PM

ATT is not to be trusted

In September 2017, ATT offered me a $25 discount on my Directv Now subscription if I upgraded my cell plan to their unlimited plan.  I did this and was told that it could take up to 3 billing cycles to start receiving the discount.  As of today, I still have yet to received the discount.  I have contacted ATT multiple times about this and I just get passed from one person to another.  The last person I chatted with, a supervisor, ended up giving my an 800 number to call.  I intend to contact the consumer affairs division at my State's Attorney General's office.  ATT must train their employees to deflect and push their customers off into a never ending discussion that never is resolved.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

What DTVN plan do you have?  What are you paying for it?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Go Big.  I was an original subscriber when the service first started.  I was grandfathered in at $35/month for that package.  The service is really bad though.  Constant buffering.  I was about to drop it switch to a competitor, but ATT came out with an offer associated with their data plans.  $25 off the Directv Now subscription, free HBO, if you upgrade to an unlimited data plan.  That was back in September.  Now, all I get is a run around.  No one can apply the discount.  I have filed a complaint with my state.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Kind of what I expected...  That’s the $60 plan, it is already discounted by $25 and you cannot stack discounts.  

Did you say, “I already have a $25 discount.”   

Im also an early adopter, first day actually.   I also will have my $5 FREE HBO for one year expire on 3/8.  It will cost $40 a month to continue. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

When the unlimited plan was pushed on me, this was what I was offered.  Upgrade the cell plan and get an additional $25 discount.  I verified with the agent that my DTVN cost would drop to $10/month.  He said it would take up to 3 billing cycles to see the discount.  SCAM!  ATT is a horrible company and is bleeding subscribers left and right.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@mcdover

DTVN is a prepaid plan, reps can’t see it. If you said you have the $35 plan then their response was correct.  You don’t have the $35 plan, you have the $60 plan.

If you didn’t say you already had a $25 discount off the $60 plan, then it’s not their fault.  

If you had the $35 plan, then you would have been eligible for a discount and it would have dropped to $10.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

You sound like a shill for ATT.  Bottom line is, I was happy with my cell plan.  The ATT agent pushed me to upgrade (spend more) and used the DTVN discount to make the sale.  It's not my fault if they over promised.  Like I said before, ATT is not to be trusted.  It is their BUSINESS to know what they can offer.  This board is littered with posts from people stating they were told something to sign up, then the billing was different from what they were told.  ATT has a horrible reputation and it grows worse everyday.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@mcdover wrote:

You sound like a shill for ATT.  Bottom line is, I was happy with my cell plan.  The ATT agent pushed me to upgrade (spend more) and used the DTVN discount to make the sale.  It's not my fault if they over promised.  Like I said before, ATT is not to be trusted.  It is their BUSINESS to know what they can offer.  This board is littered with posts from people stating they were told something to sign up, then the billing was different from what they were told.  ATT has a horrible reputation and it grows worse everyday.  

Every cell provider and cable provider in the US has a bad reputation.  Its still on the customer to understand what they are signing up for...  I am with ATT for their coverage and the fact I can pretty much use any phone made on ATT.  I am not here for the sorry customer service they give with these leased call centers..  Tmobile still does not have the coverage in my area.  And verizon is a cdma carrier so I will never use them ok maybe as a last resort if something happened.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@mcdover  That’s the stuff people say when they don’t get their way or someone doesn’t agree with them.  Doesn’t make anything I wrote less true.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.