Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT denied me the discount it promised

Highlighted

ATT denied me the discount it promised

I bought iPhone 8 plus and iPhone 8 from ATT in August and I was told at the time that the iPhone 8 would be free as part of BOGO offer. Couple of billing cycles passed without providing the discount. I contacted ATT to inquire about the discount and they suggested if I buy internet service from ATT, I should be able to get the BOGO offer (please note ATT said the offer would be applied retrospectively). I did accordingly and couple of billing cycles passed already, but now ATT is denying me the BOGO offer. I was never treated like this by a cell phone company. I deeply regret my decision to switch to ATT for wireless and internet services.

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Sage

Re: ATT denied me the discount it promised

@BikramGautam wrote:

I bought iPhone 8 plus and iPhone 8 from ATT in August and I was told at the time that the iPhone 8 would be free as part of BOGO offer. Couple of billing cycles passed without providing the discount. I contacted ATT to inquire about the discount and they suggested if I buy internet service from ATT, I should be able to get the BOGO offer (please note ATT said the offer would be applied retrospectively). I did accordingly and couple of billing cycles passed already, but now ATT is denying me the BOGO offer. I was never treated like this by a cell phone company. I deeply regret my decision to switch to ATT for wireless and internet services.

Bunch of nonsense and sadly you did not qualify retroactively by adding internet 2 months later.   

To get a BOGO you have to add a new line for the free or discounted phone.  If the BOGO is ‘bundled’ must add the TV service within 30 days.  

File an BBB complaint and if the make you an offer, take it.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert

There is no retroactively applying a BOGO credit. If internet service was required to qualify for the BOGO, it had to be ordered within a specific time frame from when you bought the phones which you probably missed. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8

I spoke to ATT representative on Nov 1 where she promised if I buy the internet service, I will get the BOGO offer and YES, retrospectively. I've asked ATT to release the recording of the conversation, but they stopped replying to me. I have noted the ID of customer agent, her name, her supervisor name and his phone number. The supervisor also advised the same.

Message 4 of 8
ACE - Sage

@BikramGautam wrote:

I spoke to ATT representative on Nov 1 where she promised if I buy the internet service, I will get the BOGO offer and YES, retrospectively.   Google retrospective, it’s like 20/20 hindsight, as in you should have looked up requirements before switching, saved them, and you wouldn’t be in this fix now.  RETROACTIVELY is not going to happen because you failed to qualify by adding TV or internet in 30 days.     Simply put, to late, no deal.

I've asked ATT to release the recording of the conversation,  they do not do that.   but they stopped replying to me.   Your asking for something you have no right to, and I suspect they wrote you off as unreasonable.  I have noted the ID of customer agent, her name, her supervisor name and his phone number. The supervisor also advised the same.

Go back and read the end of post 2.   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 8

Looked up requirements before switching - that is what I did by talking to ATT agent. Aren't they supposed to tell me the truth? I was lied twice - once by a store clerk who promised I'll get BOGO offer if I switch to ATT and again by ATT rep on phone who promised I will get the same offer if I buy the internet from ATT.

And, please stop talking like a paid rep of ATT. I thought it was a forum of customers sharing their problems.

I do have rights to listen to recording the conversation. ATT can't simply lie to its customers all the time.

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Sage

3rd and last time, as I wrote at the end of my first post, file a BBB complaint.  🙄

You want help, that’s how you get it.  

Message 7 of 8

Thanks for your suggestions! I filed a BBB complaint and hopefully will get what I deserve.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support