Need help understanding your bill?
fformat's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 10:08 PM

ATT associate in store and representative on call all pass wrong information to make me lose money

Dear sir or madam,

I post this complain here is to wish somebody take charge could help. This is not only for the money but for saving the trust we have for ATT.

In this May my friend Fei and I visited an ATT store in Katy, TX. The associate introduced us to the "NEXT" plan. It is very attractive. He said 25$ for each line and 25$ for data (totally $75). I decided to transfer my account from T mobile to ATT to join Fei's account. Fei used ATT for several years. And I choose a new iphone 5s.

Later we were back home she found in the ATT acount online the bill is $90 instead of $75. By paying the extra $15 every month really made us lose interest for this "NEXT" plan. We called ATT customer to confirm since we wanted to return my new phone and cancelled the plan. A lady called michaeel helped us. After checking our accout she was super confident about the monthly fee we were going to pay was $75.  We told her the bill online now is $90 instead of $75. And she said it would change. Since we didn't want to miss the time frame to return the new phone we checked with her several time. The answer is $75!.

Then  we belived her and ATT associate in store. One month later after we missed the time frame to return the new phone we got the bill. The bill was $90 instead of $75. We called again and ATT represative told us this was the correct bill. $75 is something wrong ! 

Please imagine when somebody goes to Warmart or other super market. The price is tagged wrong on certain merchandise. What will the salemans there do? I am sure they will take responsible for the mistake and sell the product with the wrong price, even it is cheaper than it should be. This is not the case for ATT! We called again and again, the answer is "we could do nothing, there is no $75 plan". Then why you don't tell us at the very beginning?  I believe If  you make it wrong you need to be responsible for that as well!

This is the whole story. I will keep on calling or other ways to contact you until the bill is corrected.

It is like we got cheated to join the plan with a lower pice at very begining and later a higher monthly rate is applied. How could this be acceptable?

Thank you

Man Feng

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello fformat,

What kind of phone did you get? It sounds like your actual rate plan is $75 but that other $15 is your "Next" payment, is that correct? The way it works is that, the access fee for each line is $40 per month, a 1GB data plan is $25, but if you're not singing a 2 year contract and not taking any discount on the phone, there is a $15 discount per line, making it $25 each. And then your options to buy a phone are either paying the full retail price or taking the Next financing plan that splits that cost into monthly interest free payments. Both, your Next payment and the rate plan, are included on the same bill for your convenience, is that what you're seeing?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you, Dmitriy

We do have a 2 years contract line in the account. That may be the reason the total amount is not $25 for each line. 

What makes me feel angry is: both the representaive on phone and associate in store hide the real price for my friend and I when I switched my line from T mobile to ATT.  They both checked my friend's account and knew that she had a two year contract. But they told us the monthly fee is $75 instead of $90 for sure. 

Nobody wants to add the monthly bill without any reason. Previously my friend had her own plan and I used my t-mobile the monthly fee is cheaper. Then one day ATT used a lower 2 person plan to attract us to join. However, after we missed the period to return the phone you tell us the price was not right.

That is really non-sense. I hope you could either return my phone or cut our price to what you told us at beginning. What I bought was a 5s.

I believe to run a business need to be honest and responsbile. If you are like that we will belive you and introduce our friends in the network as well. But if you lose our trust we will definitely quit whenever the contract end. We will also persuade our friend not to choose you. 

The store we purchased the phone is in Katy mill mall, Katy TX. The represeantive answered our phone called Michaelle, harrison. I will double check with my friend if you want to know their names. You could confirm with them for how they mislead us.

thanks

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks @fformat 

Thank you for clarifying, I understand now. We'll be happy to look into this issue for you and help with whatever we can. Since it's account specific, please send us a private message by clicking here with the information you provided here (it goes to our Social Media Care team and they don't see your public forum's posts), your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.