Need help understanding your bill?
rocdiana's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 11:56 PM

ATT&T did not uphold its promise.

Prior to leaving the states I called asking for assistance in ensuring all my roaming charges/international connections would be turned off.  Unfortunately, the representatives in the store were unable to assist me in the matter, and advised I call customer service help line.  I did so while I was at the store.  The agent who assisted me over the phone told me that there was no way to prevent calls or text messages from coming in while in Mexico (we did discuss turning off data roaming charges -which I already knew how to do myself).  I couldn't comprehend why, but accepted it as the truth.  She assured me that as long as I did not answer the calls or reply to the text messages, she would reverse the charges, if any.  I was happy with agent as she was willing to work with me.

Come to find out, last night, that it was not the case.  When I spoke with an agent last night, the only thing he could do for me is set me up on an international plan to avoid the international roaming charges, but that would be more expensive to do.  My only option was to pay for the $23.00 of roaming charges.  Of course, I was very dissatisfied, because although he may have had read the notes in my account regarding the conversation I had with the previous rep, he choose not to honor AT&T's word.  On top of that, this agent did tell me there is a way to turn off those roaming charges, but he too couldn't figure it out.

With that said, I am extremely dissatisfied with AT&T for they didn't keep their promise and made me believe I was taken care of.  So when asked if I would recommend them to family and friends, my answer is no.

Former Employee

• 

107 Messages

10 years ago

The best way to completely avoid international charges is to keep your phone in airplane mode at all times. You should still be able to use wifi to access data, but it will stop calls and texts from coming through.

Incoming texts aren't billed, so those would not be part of the charges. Those would just be considered part of your domestic package.

If the agent noted your account, they can credit the charges once they appear. If the charges were not billed yet, I doubt they could do a credit, as there was nothing yet to credit. I would try back when the charges actually appear on your bill.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @rocdiana 

I'm sorry your options were not properly explained to you, I'm guessing it's the first time it happened? Airplane mode is definitely a good option, please keep it in mind for your next trip.

About your billing issue, our team will be happy to review your account and help with whatever we can. Please send us a private message by clicking here with your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.