Need help understanding your bill?
nooch112's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, March 22nd, 2018 7:26 PM

ATT Bait and Switch

Dec 16th 2017 I was about buy 3 Iphone X's and  switch to Verizon for a considerably cheaper plan. Roughly 50.00/month.  Called ATT and they matched the rate to keep my business, I am a long time ATT subscriber.  Only caveat was that my lower bill would not go into effect until Mar 1st.  OK....  I purchased the phones through ATT.

- Mar 1st no change in my bill. Called Customer Support and subsequently passed off to Customer retention, the people who made my broken promise.

- No written record of lowering my bill (thats weird), fortunately all calls are recorded. Person stated, "I will have a supervisor listen to the call and he/she will call you back in 6-8 days"

-No call back after 3 weeks

-Called again, same hand-off to customer retention.  Nothing on file but after reviewing the notes she stated that the problem was because I didnt change to an auto-bill payment.  Seriously,  first I had heard of that and even more interesting is that I am now to blame. She also claimed that they would not/could not call me back (really, you are a phone company) to fully resolve the issue.  I asked why a previous supervisor did falsely promise to call me back. No response.   I am also out over 150.00 in latent billing by not having switched to Verizon in December. 

2 blatant lies by ATT to lower my rate and call me back.  Neither of which happened and Customer Retention adamantly refuses to back credit any lower rate.  

Fraudulent BAIT and SWITCH by ATT to promise a lower rate then conveniently forget to do it.  I am one P.O'd customer!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

OH your back,

The discussion is that ATT verbally promised to lower my rate.  Not Verizon.  Lizdance40, what Verizon has offered has no relevance to my point.  Why on Earth do you keep bringing Verizon into the discussion?

(that is a rhetorical question by the way)

ATT verbally agreed to lower my rate, which was recorded during the retention phone call.  ATT conveniently "forgot" to honor their promise and there weren't any notes about the conversation input into the system. Lie number 1.

Another supervisor listened to the tapes and agreed to resolve the issue with a return phone call.

That phone call never happened, nor were my rates lowered. Lie number 2

Does this help you to understand. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@nooch112 wrote:

OH your back,

The discussion is that ATT verbally promised to lower my rate.  Not Verizon.  Lizdance40, what Verizon has offered has no relevance to my point.  Why on Earth do you keep bringing Verizon into the discussion?

I think it's pretty clear that it's because you brought them up first in the opening post.

(that is a rhetorical question by the way)

ATT verbally agreed to lower my rate, which was recorded during the retention phone call.  ATT conveniently "forgot" to honor their promise and there weren't any notes about the conversation input into the system. Lie number 1.

Another supervisor listened to the tapes and agreed to resolve the issue with a return phone call.

That phone call never happened, nor were my rates lowered. Lie number 2

Does this help you to understand. 

What is there to understand? You were made promises that will not be honored. 

Period. 

That shouldn't have happened, but it did. All you can do now is decide whether to stay with AT&T at the rates advertised or not. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Tag team by the experts, love it.

Verizon was brought up as the reason why my rates were promised to be lowered, to see if ATT would match theirs. That's it.  Just a big picture explanation. Verizon is not even a sub-topic, they are just an overview of the situation.  As stated a ridiculous amount of times. 

The retention department is the hand-off that I received to keep my business.  Once I purchased 3 new phones through ATT, it's pretty clear that I would not switch and throw away 3000.00 in phones.  That is problematic wouldn't you say?  Ergo, bait and switch.

The only concern and topic of point, is that ATT lied to keep my business.  Yet, other "experts" on this forum keep re-directing the topic to what another carrier had promised.  You're point that it "shouldn't have happened, but it did" is the first response of merit.  I however am choosing not to roll over and let ATT slide this under the rug. The experts on this forum truly need to stay on topic.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@nooch112 wrote:

Tag team by the experts, love it.

Verizon was brought up as the reason why my rates were promised to be lowered, to see if ATT would match theirs. That's it.  Just a big picture explanation. Verizon is not even a sub-topic, they are just an overview of the situation.  As stated a ridiculous amount of times. 

The retention department is the hand-off that I received to keep my business.  Once I purchased 3 new phones through ATT, it's pretty clear that I would not switch and throw away 3000.00 in phones.  That is problematic wouldn't you say?  Ergo, bait and switch.

The only concern and topic of point, is that ATT lied to keep my business.  Yet, other "experts" on this forum keep re-directing the topic to what another carrier had promised.  You're point that it "shouldn't have happened, but it did" is the first response of merit.  I however am choosing not to roll over and let ATT slide this under the rug. The experts on this forum truly need to stay on topic.

So AT&T's lies matter, but Verizon's don't? That's just silly. 

File a complaint with the FCC or BBB. That'll get you in touch with the Office of the President. Historically, they've only honored legitimate promotions (as you've repeatedly been told), but who knows? Maybe you'll get lucky?

In any case, arguing and insulting fellow customers online won't get you anywhere. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

A verbal agreement isn’t worth a thing.  A verbal agreement that flies in the face of the published prices will not, and doesn’t have to be honored, and NEVER should have been offered in the first place.  

Any complaints to the alphabet agencies would pretty much uphold the published offers.  

What did you expect to get out if posting on a public forum?  Validation?  Sure, you got lied to.  I’m sure they all have a future in used car sales.   Commiseration?  Meh.  We’re in the same boat, just learned where the boundaries are.  Ive talked to Verizon and ATT.   Honest reps do not deal on the published prices.  A remedy?  Like what?  

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Still talking about Verizon....   smh

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry Lizdance40.  Your expert advice is incorrect.

1.  Is a verbal agreement legal?
Verbal agreements are contracts even though they were not memorialized in a writing. Assuming that the contract is valid, the verbal agreement between two parties is binding. ... All contracts, whether written, verbal, express or implied must have certain elements in order to be valid.  
In my case, because the conversation was legally recorded and agreed to by both parties, it is binding.

2.  Did I write on this forum for validation?  Please.    I wrote on this forum to let others know what has occurred.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@nooch112  

Verbal agreements require both sides be in agreement.  ATT is not and their written agreement with customers is published on the website and supersedes all other agreements.  It even says that.  

Verbal agreements can’t be enforced if one side says, “no we didn’t agree to that”.  

ATT is always going to fall back on published prices and policies 

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

These “Experts” are here for one reason to water down what we have to say. They are part of the issue, I imageine they are supported in some capacity by ATT. Let’s me know how my business is valued in addition to the way I was treated during my phone conversations I am offended by these tactics. I will be looking for a company to take my business that operates with principles and integrity. I imagine it hwas we to jokers I’m sorry “experts” would no nothing about

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Last line was 

principles and integrity, somethings these jokers, I’m sorry “experts” know nothing about 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.