Need help understanding your bill?
Jdelo's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Tuesday, December 16th, 2014 2:23 AM

AT&T trapping customers AGAIN!

since the latest iphone update my data has skyrocketed, until october I had never went over my data. Now even with upgrading my data plan I still go over? Due to the fact of my bill being so high I could not make a payment arrangement I set for earlier this month. I knew as the date approached I would not be able to pay so I explored my options. One of my options was to cancel service with att and go over to T-mobile. They were offering to pay my early termination fees and buy my phones from att at $200 ea (I have 4 lines) then sale me iphone 5's for free. that means I would'nt owe anything for 4 months because they also offer triple the amount of data and a couple extras for the same price I'm paying att. So when I called in to cancel my service I was told how important I was and yada, yada, yada. They told me if I made a $200 payment my service would stay on, and that they would "take care" of my current bill. Now I don't know about anyone else in the world but when I get told something is going to be "taken care" of that means it's not my problem anymore. So going out on a limb I accepted this offer and made a payment. Today my service once again gets shut off and what do they say when I call customer service? Just guess.... no really.... ok fine I'll tell you. They said they don't have any record of a payment arrangement and that they wanted $339.00 to turn my service back on! When I told the rep I couldn't believe this he immediately started telling me about (in other words) I was wrong because they have no record of it. If I went out of my way to call and go through the trouble of driving to the mall during holiday shopping season to make a payment why wouldnt I have made an arrangement just to have my service shut off anyway? I cannot stand this company anymore. They are LIARS and do not care about their customers. They love to play games and act like they have no idea about whats going on, if it's not on their computer screen then it clearly didn't happen. Even though I calmly told the rep I spoke with this evening that at this point I would like to cancel my service he started trying to sell me on paying the $339.00 and when I told him no he started trying to argue with me. Eventually I had to hang up on him which is why I'm here now.

Fact is if you want a cell phone and not bad customer service and feel like you getting the red carpet treatment go to T-mobile. They're great. I have had my service with att for about 9 years, my brother also. Well he switched to T-mobile last month and couldn't be happier. So tired of att and their BULL

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

Amen AT&T was worst experience of my life I am blind and they insisted I have data plan to have smart phone with them.  I am so glad to be rid of AT&T and greed.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

We have 3 iphones and two android phones and a tablet with cellular on a 10 GB data plan and we collectively never have gone over 3 GB. We even turned off wifi to see if we could push closer to the 10 we pay for.
The last update really didn't add up to much on cellular because we do updates over wifi.

If you don't manage how your phone uses mobile data, you may have the same problem at T-Mobile.

We moved over from Verizon where we had a hard time staying under 6 GB. I don't know why we have less problem now. We had only one iPhone on Verizon and one less smartphone, no tablet.

Almost at the 1 year mark and still happy.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.