Need help understanding your bill?
Annie106's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, March 9th, 2017 3:32 AM

AT&T stole all 3 of my iphone 6 & 6 plus after mailed in for Fall 2016 free iphone 7 upgrade trade i

I purchased i iphone 7 and 2 iphone 7 plus during  AT&T Fall 2016 free iphone 7 upgrade trade in promotion. According to AT&T advertisement all eligible iphone 6 trade will receive $649 value toward the purchase price, The credit will kicked in ater 3 billing cycles. However after 6 billing cycles and numerous times talking to different representatives, all of them agreed that AT&T will credit back all amounts to my bill. So far nothing happen. AT&T stole my 3 iphones and makes me for my new purchased iphone. IT IS A SCAM. I just wonder why nobody say anything or do anything. AT&T you better stand behind what you promosed.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Annie106 I'm getting my credits. I know a friend got his and many reported getting their credits in the forum.

A few questions (most are simple yes/no/date) before making suggestions (suggestions are generally based on the answers you give):

1. What model iPhone did you trade in?

2. Your purchased your iPhone 7 specifically on what date? (or order date)

3. You turned off Find My iPhone?

4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off?

5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? 

6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased?

7. You turned the old iPhone in at the AT&T store or in the mail? 

8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?

9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?

10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone?

11. What condition was the turned in iPhone?

I recommend hitting REPLY/QUOTE, then hit QUOTE and typing the SHORT answers next to the question in ALL CAPS or bold.

If the answers vary widely between the 3 phones, you can just quote this three times.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I have the same issues. Just got off the chat with At&T. After 5 months wait I'm done with att. They deceived me and I filed more than 4  different cases so far. The last 3 got dismissed without any resolution. I called more than a dozen times to speak with their customer care dudes. They offer me no help at all. All that they could do is to PUT ME HOLD FOREVER. Every call to att is a pain in the butt. 

Here is my situation. I purchased the iPhone 7 and mailed back 2 iPhone 6. Because their attractive promotions of up to $650. Big mistake. I wouldn't have traded them in at any another shops for less $$ but for way less trouble. Now waited for more than half a year I got $0 credited to my account. 

I paid more than $300 and have 5 lines with att for more than 9 years and this is way att treated it's customers. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

@ATTCares

I have the same issue as well.  I have been with chat each month after the monthly bill come for the last 3 months, even after they open a case last month, still no credit.

I added the answers to your questions in the reply below.

I had AT&T for more than a decade (got Gold tier).  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@fb88 @familydan2000 A few questions (most are simple yes/no/date) before making suggestions (suggestions are generally based on the answers you give):

(Yes/No/Date works for most answers)

5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? 

6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased?

8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?

9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?

I recommend hitting REPLY/QUOTE, then hit QUOTE and typing the SHORT answers next to the question in ALL CAPS or bold.

If the answers vary widely between the several phones, you can just quote this additional times. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

2 iPhones6 . 1 iPhone 6 16g silver. 1 iPhone 6plus 64g. 

2 iPhone 7. The. Date 9/9/2016 

yes 

yes 
5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next?

Next  
6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased?

no 

Mailed back. Proceeded both tracking numbers are revived msg saying "thanks for returning your iPhone 6. In good conditions , nothing to do " and sit back relaxed for 1/2 years. Really NOTHING. No credit whatsoever. 
8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?

10/5/2016. The date when 2 new iPhones received the txt msg from att. 

9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?

i regestered online. Said I did successfully registers and can participate for both of iPhone 6. 

yes. I erased everything before I returned. 

"good condition" that's what att said. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I thought I was the only one got deceived but saw here many folks had the same issues. Probably this is At&T's company strategy. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

@familydan2000

1. What model iPhone did you trade in?    iphone 6 16GB

2. Your purchased your iPhone 7 specifically on what date? (or order date)  Pre-ordered through ATT website on 9/10/2016, received mid October or November.

3. You turned off Find My iPhone?   Yes

4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off?   Yes

5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next?    Yes

6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased?   No

7. You turned the old iPhone in at the AT&T store or in the mail?    Store

8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?   Few days before the official end date program in Nov., within 30 days of receiving my iphone 7.

9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?     Yes

10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone?   Yes, did factory reset.

11. What condition was the turned in iPhone?   Excellent.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@fb88 wrote:

8. Few days before the official end date program.

Sorry, I have no idea what this means. When did you return the phone?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@familydan2000 wrote:

9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?

i regestered online. 

You used the promo code when you did it on-line?  

If you used the promo code, I'd fire off a message with all those details and orders / account number / receipt and tracking numbers (and everything!) to @ATTMobilityCare

Remember this is a new person who needs to hear it all again all spelled out.

Bug them once a week and PLEASE let us know how it goes.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks Garylapuente. 

I did register online and followed every instructions that was in the new iPhone. I'm not sure if anyone noticed but At&T trade in online page is very tricky and I did so by not receiving any email confirmation. Only mailed in iPhone 7 mentioned about how to trade in addressing the instructions which then I did send back my old devices. But after dealing with att Cusotmer care they first declining that I have not returned my devices. But I had my return label with tracking no. With me. Then they said they would take care of it. By submitting 4 CASES. They guaranteed me it would be resolved in serval days but instead it's been months and I am still in "solving " proscess. Again. I think this is the strategy from att company. They just don't want you to get $650 that easy. 

Btw. They sent me bills with every details of charge. No mistake. What a joke. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.