Tutor

AT&T's unfair and deceptive billing practices

[ Edited ]

Attention To: Mr. Kenneth or To Whom It May Concern

Urgent Care Center AT&T:

and

AT&T Customer Service

RE: Cell Phone N.[Edited for privacy.]

1. 1.     I am writing this letter to notifying about AT&T's unfair and deceptive billing practices.

1. 2.     AT&T's should reversed the charges, and upgrade as it was on May 5, 2014. I also want  to be considered for compensation forAT&T's unfair and deceptive billing practices.

1. 3.     I purchased two phones (Samsung 5) through  ATT  at Costco Wholesale, 5125 Jonestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112 on  May 7, 2014.

1. 4.     It came to my knowledge that AT&T or Costco Wholesale upgrade my account without my permission or knowledge, when I received my first bill for that month on May 30, 2014.

1. 5.     This upgrade is costing me more money.  This was not disclosed to me at time of purchase.

1. 6.     Costco Wholesale Representatives told me they don't know themselves about this upgrade at that time May 7, 2014.

1. 7.     Costco Wholesale Representatives want to reversed the charges and upgrade because it unfair commercial practices by AT&T.

1. 8.     On May 30, 2014, I called and complained to AT&T customer service and requested to  reversed the charges and upgrade.  AT&T's customer service department is unable to resolve my complaint because it has pass 14 days, they said that it is their policy and AT&T's customer service department blaming Costco Wholesale for my complaint

1. 9.     On June 1, 2014,  I called and complained to AT&T customer service supervisor. He told me that someone from AT&T customer service will call you and he will resolved you complaint but no one ever called.

1. 10.   AT&T customer service supervisor also recommended that I contact to Urgent Care Team AT&T phone no 918-204-1184.

1. 11.   On June 6, 2014, I called and complained to AT&T Urgent Care Center and explain everything.

1. 12.   AT&T Urgent Care Center told me that they are unable to reversed the charges and upgrade. AT&T also blaming the Costco Wholesale.

1. 13.   AT&T Urgent Care center advised me to go back to Costco Wholesale and return my two phone, problem will be solved.

1. 14.  I am her at Costco wholesale on June 12, 2014 to return my two phones and cancel my upgrade which was upgraded with out my permission. I am her several times last two weeks At&t is blaming Costco and Costco is blaming At &t and both are unable to resolve this problem.
    AT&T  increased my monthly payment more without my knowledge and permission.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me

Ajaz [Edited for privacy.]

Message 1 of 11 (1,312 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: AT&T's unfair and deceptive billing practices

What changes were made to your billing and/or plan?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11 (1,298 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

and why would you post your numbers on an open forum for everyone to see? this is a public forum i would imagine you have already gotten several random calls. Again this is an at&t forum that is open to the public and monitored by a couple of moderators i suggest you click the help link in the upper right hand corner and contact one of the customer care moderators. Im also assuming thats your full address in the post if so do you realize how easy it would be for someone to steal your identity with just that little bit of information?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 11 (1,283 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Well, there's 5 mins. of my life I'll never get back.....

and who's Kenneth?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11 (1,265 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

MicCheck wrote:

What changes were made to your billing and/or plan?

Based on the way the information is being presented, the customer was most likely on a Mobile Share Value Plan and when tehy upgraded phones with 2 year contract subsidized phones, they lost their out-of-contract discount" on theit Mobile Share plan.  I do not believe that CostCo can sell any AT&T phone that ie not either on contract, or a "go phone".

They most likely signed new 2 year contracts so they were no longer eligible for the "out-of-contract" discount pricing ($15 or $25 per phone per month) and now they want to have the contract subsidized phone but they also want the "out-of-contract" discount back.  Since they are considerably past the 14 day return window, they are unable to return the phones and cancel the upgrade.  About the only thing that AT&T can do now is to either throw the policy out the window and let the user return the phones now, Give the customer the out of contract discount even though they signed a new contract, Allow the customer to pay full price for the phone and cancel the contract, or do nothing.

Had the customer read and understood their bil before hand, they should have realized that signing a new contract would cause them to lose the discount on their phone bill.  They failed to do so, and now they expect AT&T to pay for their mistake.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
Message 5 of 11 (1,206 Views)
Tutor

Just for your information I (Ajaz) didn't signed any new contract when I purchased two phones (Samsung 5) through ATT at Costco Wholesale, 5125 Jonestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112 on May 7, 2014.
Message 6 of 11 (1,112 Views)
Tutor

This upgrade is costing me more money.  This was not disclosed to me at time of purchase

Message 7 of 11 (1,111 Views)
ACE - Expert

You had to sign some sort of agreement when you purchased the phones.
If you are on the shared plans, you should know that getting a subsidized phone will cause your plan cost to increase.
When you go to purchase a phone, all that Costco knows it that you are upgrade eligible, not necessarily which plan you are on. With the new plans, AT&T is no longer subsidizing phone purchases. One way or another, you are going to pay for the phone. Either you pay for the phone outright, over 20 - 24 months, or you pay with higher plan costs.
Did you think that AT&T was going to give you a lower price for nothing? If you don't replace phones, you save a lot of money. If you upgrade phones, you will pay about what you did before the plan change.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Message 8 of 11 (1,106 Views)
ACE - Expert

If you are on the Mobile Share Program, you should have noted that the pricing is for out of contract pricing. By purchasing a subsidized phone at COSTCO, you entered into a new 2 year contract that causes the discount to be lost. It is not AT&T's fault that you chose to get a subsidized upgrade, causing you to lose the out of contract discount.

EVERYONE must realize that the Mobile Share Program pricing is cheaper because AT&T is not subsidizing phone costs. One way or another, you will pay for the phone, either by paying full price up front, paying full price with NEXT over 18-26 months, or by losing the out of contract discount.

You will not get the cheaper pricing AND subsidized phones.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Message 9 of 11 (933 Views)
Tutor

Re: AT

Pleas read the my complain cheerfully?before try to defend the A T&T. I was?cheated?with their?deceptive practices,
Message 10 of 11 (916 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: AT

No, you were not cheated, you didn't understand the new plan and were caught by upgrading to a new phone.

Message 11 of 11 (915 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.