Need help understanding your bill?
ATTCommunityTeam's profile

• 

1.3K Messages

Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 6:08 PM

AT&T's Response to Hurricane Maria

Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by Hurricane Maria and our customers who have friends and family there.

AT&T is working around the clock to help the people of Puerto Rico recover from Hurricanes Maria. For the very latest information, please refer to Hurricane Maria: Response & Live Updates.

AT&T encourages customers to consider the following recommendations in the wake of the storm:

Customer Tips:

• Keep your mobile phone battery charged. Have another way to charge your phone like an extra battery, car charger or device-charging accessory.
  • Keep your mobile devices dry.  Keep it safe from the elements by storing it in a baggie or some other type of protective covering.
  • Program all of your emergency contact numbers and e-mail addresses into your mobile phone. Numbers should include the police department, fire station and hospital, as well as your family members.
  • Camera phones provide assistance. If you have a camera phone, take, store and send photos and video clips of damage to your insurance company.

Business Tips:

• Set up a call-forwarding service to a backup location. Set up a single or multiple hotline number(s) for employees, their families, customers and partners so they all know about the business situation and emergency plan.
  • Back up data to the Cloud. Routinely back up files to an off-site location.

Things to Remember:

• Text messaging. During an emergency situation, text messages may go through more quickly than voice calls.
  • Be prepared for high call volume. During an emergency, the increased calling volume may create network congestion. If you can’t get a call through, hang up, wait several seconds and then try the call again.

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by Hurricane Maria and our customers who have friends and family there.

Please refer to Hurricane Maria: Response & Live Updates. for the latest information about AT&T's preparations and response to Hurricane Maria.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi do anyone knows if there cellphone services in Puerto Rico. Looked some people are sending pictures.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The credit are not reflected on the bill. What would happen if I don't pay on November 1st? Actually I made a payment on September 30. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I don’t not see a credit on my account and I live in the Virgin Islands. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have not received a credit on my account. Can anyone help me? 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hello, I live in Puerto Rico. I've lived here since 2015. I was here during the DEVASTATION of hurricane Maria. I had no cellular service for several weeks and then when it began to be restored, I still had to travel through several towns to be able to get a signal. Credit was extended to AT&T customers who live on the island. So, in November (or beginning of December) I called to get my credit also. AT&T refused to give me the credit because I had not changed my NC address to my P.R. address. That's it! (in case you didn't get that!) Because I had not changed my address! So, I asked to speak to a "higher up" and so I spoke to a Mr. LaVerne (manager). This man was very callous and unsympathetic. He just kept repeating (like a parrot) their policy. I told him that all they had to do was check my call record from the P.R. towers for the past 3 years to confirm that I lived in P.R. He refused to do so. So, I asked him to shut down my account immediately, which he, of course, promptly did demonstrating his empathetic "customer service" skills. This is how I was treated and dealt with, after about 8 (EIGHT) YEARS of being a faithful customer. Because of a technicality this manager refused to do the right thing. He should have seen the environment I was in as I was making the call! There were places that looked like a scene from "The Walking Dead". SO, my question is, "AT&T! ARE YOU WILLING TO MAKE THIS RIGHT? If you are, I would be willing to return to AT&T! 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@elleondejuda

Sorry this happened.  Unfortunately the offer to credit service was also contingent on location of the account, based on billing or service address.  

Some in Texas were effected, but didn’t qualify if they worked in the flood zone and were unemployed due to the flooding.  

Some customers in the US had relatives on their account in effected areas, they also did not qualify.

http://about.att.com/inside_connections_blog/hurricane_maria

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

So, "didn't change address" vs. 8 yrs of being a faithful customer and having gone through the worst hurricane in history (you can look that up). Hmmm...the latter has much more weight than the former. And you know it! Very interesting that At&t continued to receive my money for 3 years knowing that I was in Puerto Rico, but this address change issue was never mentioned as a pre-requisite. "No, Gilberto, can't receive you money until you change your address"! So, it was NEVER an issue when it had to do with paying you, but I was never really "covered" when it comes to a national disaster. Once again, this is a legal technicality, but morally you, At&t KNOW you are SO wrong! 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@elleondejuda wrote:

So, "didn't change address" vs. 8 yrs of being a faithful customer and having gone through the worst hurricane in history (you can look that up). Hmmm...the latter has much more weight than the former. And you know it! Very interesting that At&t continued to receive my money for 3 years knowing that I was in Puerto Rico, but this address change issue was never mentioned as a pre-requisite. "No, Gilberto, can't receive you money until you change your address"! So, it was NEVER an issue when it had to do with paying you, but I was never really "covered" when it comes to a national disaster. Once again, this is a legal technicality, but morally you, At&t KNOW you are SO wrong! 

If you didn't tell AT&T you lived in Puerto Rico, by updating your address, how do you suppose it was going to know you moved?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@elleondejuda

All I can do is pass on the facts and the criteria as it was.  You are not the only one.  People in Florida, Texas, and the U. S. Virgin Islands also did not have their address correct, or were on a family members plan, not in the area.  

If changing address after the fact was all it took, half the US would suddenly claim to live in affected zip codes.   Att doesn’t know you moved, until you make the appropriate account changes.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.