Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T's Response to Hurricane Irma

Administrator

AT&T's Response to Hurricane Irma

We know that Hurricane Irma has left many of you and your families without power and dealing with a very stressful situation.  To try and ease some of the stress, we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers.   In addition, we're also providing unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers beginning Sept. 8 across all of Florida.   If you live in Georgia, as of Sept. 12, we are also providing unlimited data, talk, and text in impacted Georgia counties and continuing through Sept. 17 for all impacted customers. We are also extending payment dates for impacted AT&T PREPAID customers with voice and text service through Sept. 17

Customers in these areas may still receive data alert notifications during these protected dates, but billing will reflect the correct data charges.

In addition, from Sept. 6 through Sept. 15 we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers and unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Impacted video and home internet customers can visit our support page for information or to report service outages.

Additional information on what we are doing to help those impacted by Hurricane Irma can be found at: Hurricane Irma Response & Live Updates

AT&T encourages customers to consider the following recommendations in the wake of the storm:

• Keep your mobile phone battery charged. Have another way to charge your phone like an extra battery, car charger or device-charging accessory.
  • Keep your mobile devices dry.  Keep it safe from the elements by storing it in a baggie or some other type of protective covering.
  • Program all of your emergency contact numbers and e-mail addresses into your mobile phone. Numbers should include the police department, fire station and hospital, as well as your family members.
  • Camera phones provide assistance. If you have a camera phone, take, store and send photos and video clips of damage to your insurance company.

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 61
Contributor

Re: AT&T's Response to Hurricane Irma

Well my ATT agent put me on unlimited at no charge she said.  I got 180 dollar bill.  Called back three times.  Was put on the phone two hours at a shot to be told that I upgraded.  They gave me 95 back but stuck me with 95.  There was no hurricane help there was hurricane income for them!  I was polite on the phone but it was obvious that I was being tossed from agent to agent to agent for fun.  Worst customer service ever.  No more polite from me if this is what I get after being a customer for 18 years!

Message 61 of 61
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support