Need help understanding your bill?
davidbk's profile
Administrator

Administrator

• 

869 Messages

Thursday, September 7th, 2017 1:35 AM

AT&T's Response to Hurricane Irma

We know that Hurricane Irma has left many of you and your families without power and dealing with a very stressful situation.  To try and ease some of the stress, we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers.   In addition, we're also providing unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers beginning Sept. 8 across all of Florida.   If you live in Georgia, as of Sept. 12, we are also providing unlimited data, talk, and text in impacted Georgia counties and continuing through Sept. 17 for all impacted customers. We are also extending payment dates for impacted AT&T PREPAID customers with voice and text service through Sept. 17

Customers in these areas may still receive data alert notifications during these protected dates, but billing will reflect the correct data charges.

In addition, from Sept. 6 through Sept. 15 we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers and unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Impacted video and home internet customers can visit our support page for information or to report service outages.

Additional information on what we are doing to help those impacted by Hurricane Irma can be found at: Hurricane Irma Response & Live Updates

AT&T encourages customers to consider the following recommendations in the wake of the storm:

• Keep your mobile phone battery charged. Have another way to charge your phone like an extra battery, car charger or device-charging accessory.
  • Keep your mobile devices dry.  Keep it safe from the elements by storing it in a baggie or some other type of protective covering.
  • Program all of your emergency contact numbers and e-mail addresses into your mobile phone. Numbers should include the police department, fire station and hospital, as well as your family members.
  • Camera phones provide assistance. If you have a camera phone, take, store and send photos and video clips of damage to your insurance company.

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Ich liebe dich mein kleiner Teddybär.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Power has now been restored completely to my area of Miami Dade county. No ATT at all. I don't even see a single ATT truck anywhere working. I see many ATT trucks motoring along
Up and down US1 all day long. But they are no where to found working. Shameful performance

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Well it is now September 18th and still no internet and still no reasonable answer from AT&T except that additional overage charges are now back in affect! Great! No internet (or TV) so we rely on the phones for everything and now AT&T is going to start charging the extra fees because they can't get their system fixed.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I live in the Atlanta Area, my service goes down every three months. I never lost power during the TS. I have not had service for 7 days I've used up all of my data on my hotspot and the data on my other devices are being throttled because I've surpassed the 22 GB limit of the "unlimited" plan. My service is the only one out in my area that is out at this time. It happens all of the time and I can't get any assistance.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Can anyone let me know if I will be credited for not having any AT&T service in South Florida during Hurricane Irma?  What about cell phone data and overages?  We have had no power for 6 days.  I hope AT&T will respond by not charging extra fees to Floridians affected by Irma!! 

Lorrie

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I was wondering why I am being charged for extra data. We haven't had internet for a week now. I realize because of the hurricane. We have 4 phones on one account. We have to use data because we cannot connect to internet. Why is AT&T charging me for extra data when they cannot provide internet at this time?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I had a very interesting conversation at about 6pm tonight with a field tech from AT&T.  I was at my local coffee hang out & he (tech) had just finished a long day. Before I tell you what he said, re-read this post from "eervin" from 9/15.

"

Re: AT&T's Response to Hurricane Irma

UVerse customers -

What ATT is not telling you is this outage is not hurricane caused (I guess you can call it related).  This is a software/hardware problem.  When the DLECs (neighborhood boxes) went down for lack of power they did not come back up correctly.

I have spoken to multiple local techs and they are having to escalate to Engineering.  And there is not a lot of Engineering to go around.  So what we have is non-damaged/fully power boxes that will not communicate.  Sometimes everyone one on the box is down, sometimes only some of the connections are down.

If I were to guess, someone did not test what happens when a box loses power since they always have about a 2 day battery backup. "

He lies some truth. The tech related to me that the problem lies mainly in the main neighbor box.  These boxes cannot be reset  remotely like a street light situation. They have to be responded to individually & manually rest. Here lies the bad part. It's a less than 50/50 change that the boards (he would not give me the exact name of the circuit boards inside the box) are "fried", his exact word, FRIED.  Yes, the carry a set number of replacement board , & only allowed a set number of boards in each tech's possession. Well, guess what, they ran out of these boards, for the most part real fast.  The field techs have their hands tied as they don't have the parts/boards to replace the "fried" ones in the neighborhood boxes.

The first real test came with Irma & caught the company without the replacement parts on hand. 

I'm not going to jump the ATT Ship , but somebody on the supply side of this corporation needs to get their act together. This won't be the last  natural disaster to hit us. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Okay, I misspeled a few words above, but you get the idea.

They Have No Parts To Fix The Boxes !!

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

This is bordering on unbelievable.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How can AT&T be this incompetent? FPL can ultimately restore power to over 9 million people within a few days (sorry if it took a little longer for some of you) and AT&T is unable to get their act together to restore services? The response I get from them when I call is that they are working on the outage and several thousand people were affected. Great, but why should it take this long to restore service? It's no wonder people are willing to leave this awful company for another competitor (Comcast/XFinity). They say they will waive any overages for cellular data usage until 9/17 - hello AT&T, you haven't gotten the outage fixed yet why waive overages until that date? They tell me they will not charge me for my internet or landline while this outage is still present, we will see when the bill arrives.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.