Need help understanding your bill?
davidbk's profile
Administrator

Administrator

• 

868 Messages

Thursday, September 7th, 2017 1:35 AM

AT&T's Response to Hurricane Irma

We know that Hurricane Irma has left many of you and your families without power and dealing with a very stressful situation.  To try and ease some of the stress, we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers.   In addition, we're also providing unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers beginning Sept. 8 across all of Florida.   If you live in Georgia, as of Sept. 12, we are also providing unlimited data, talk, and text in impacted Georgia counties and continuing through Sept. 17 for all impacted customers. We are also extending payment dates for impacted AT&T PREPAID customers with voice and text service through Sept. 17

Customers in these areas may still receive data alert notifications during these protected dates, but billing will reflect the correct data charges.

In addition, from Sept. 6 through Sept. 15 we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers and unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Impacted video and home internet customers can visit our support page for information or to report service outages.

Additional information on what we are doing to help those impacted by Hurricane Irma can be found at: Hurricane Irma Response & Live Updates

AT&T encourages customers to consider the following recommendations in the wake of the storm:

• Keep your mobile phone battery charged. Have another way to charge your phone like an extra battery, car charger or device-charging accessory.
  • Keep your mobile devices dry.  Keep it safe from the elements by storing it in a baggie or some other type of protective covering.
  • Program all of your emergency contact numbers and e-mail addresses into your mobile phone. Numbers should include the police department, fire station and hospital, as well as your family members.
  • Camera phones provide assistance. If you have a camera phone, take, store and send photos and video clips of damage to your insurance company.

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

It is amazing that power has been restored to 85% of south Florida (mostly for days now) and we still have no internet access from att. Totally unacceptable. Please stop luring and telling us on the phone that it is all because of the power outrages. We have power. Att has failed us.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

UVerse customers -

What ATT is not telling you is this outage is not hurricane caused (I guess you can call it related).  This is a software/hardware problem.  When the DLECs (neighborhood boxes) went down for lack of power they did not come back up correctly.

I have spoken to multiple local techs and they are having to escalate to Engineering.  And there is not a lot of Engineering to go around.  So what we have is non-damaged/fully power boxes that will not communicate.  Sometimes everyone one on the box is down, sometimes only some of the connections are down.

If I were to guess, someone did not test what happens when a box loses power since they always have about a 2 day battery backup. 

The Customer support line is worthless.  They are telling everyone it's on your side. I even had a friend get a new modem shipped to them with the power to the box still off.

Local techs are helpless.  These guys are trying their best but the issue needs an engineer.  And there are not many of those around.

I would love for ATT to respond to this with real answers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

First, I assume many of your wireless customers are being helped with the increase in talk, text, data. Kudos for that. However, many of us in Florida are still with out Uverse services. Trying to get updates from your customer service is beyond frustrating. Just want a time frame or at least if the outage is being addressed. Canned, useless responses from someone that is not even in the US is ridiculous. I was told to get the mobile app. Really? I am already over in data! And I was told to restart my modem every five hours. Worst customer service ever. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I already have unlimited data and use ATT as internet provider. Still no internet and my unlimited data reached the cap. The speed is slow slow slow. So ATT doesn't help in anyway in my case. I guess I should be happy for still have a random internet connection on my cell.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I've called and they connect to my box. And my box "see" them. So the hardware seems to have connectivity. It's just that the software is not authorized to access the other side of the world.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Please remove the data speed cap! Do not slow internet! We need it

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My billing period began September 8th. I have been depending on my data plan since September 10th, when I was impacted by Irma in W. Palm Beach. Today is the 16th and I still do not have power in my home. I have already used 1/2 my data. Do I have to worry about overage charges this billing cycle?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hello,

Thank you for what you are doing with the issues related to the hurricane. 

My internet & U-Verse has been out for over a week. I am communicating with you by using my iphone  which is connecting via a hot spot with Verizon. 

I really like ATT internet & my U-Verse, but my cell is Verizon & thank God it has come through fine. I did run up my limit on gigs with my cell , & had to pay for another package with Verizon.  Not too happy about this, but I need the internet for my son's classes on line. 

What peeves me off is that I keep getting text messages from ATT telling me that my service is back on, it is not. Neither are the other ATT members in my community. 

I hope this issue is really resolved in the near future. 

Thank you for listening to my complaint.

John

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

It's the 17th of the month, and my AT&T U-Verse internet is still down, with no ETA. How about an extension on the wireless overage allowance until I get my regular service back? Otherwise, I have to go dark today - $20 overage for every 300mb is insane. 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

My suggestion would be to get off that horrible plan you're on. That sounds
like 300mb Mobile Share Value Plan which is a garbage plan. You'd be much
better off with the 1gb Mobile Share Advantage plan then overage charges
would never be an issue anyway.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.