Need help understanding your bill?
davidbk's profile
Administrator

Administrator

• 

867 Messages

Thursday, September 7th, 2017 1:35 AM

AT&T's Response to Hurricane Irma

We know that Hurricane Irma has left many of you and your families without power and dealing with a very stressful situation.  To try and ease some of the stress, we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers.   In addition, we're also providing unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers beginning Sept. 8 across all of Florida.   If you live in Georgia, as of Sept. 12, we are also providing unlimited data, talk, and text in impacted Georgia counties and continuing through Sept. 17 for all impacted customers. We are also extending payment dates for impacted AT&T PREPAID customers with voice and text service through Sept. 17

Customers in these areas may still receive data alert notifications during these protected dates, but billing will reflect the correct data charges.

In addition, from Sept. 6 through Sept. 15 we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers and unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Impacted video and home internet customers can visit our support page for information or to report service outages.

Additional information on what we are doing to help those impacted by Hurricane Irma can be found at: Hurricane Irma Response & Live Updates

AT&T encourages customers to consider the following recommendations in the wake of the storm:

• Keep your mobile phone battery charged. Have another way to charge your phone like an extra battery, car charger or device-charging accessory.
  • Keep your mobile devices dry.  Keep it safe from the elements by storing it in a baggie or some other type of protective covering.
  • Program all of your emergency contact numbers and e-mail addresses into your mobile phone. Numbers should include the police department, fire station and hospital, as well as your family members.
  • Camera phones provide assistance. If you have a camera phone, take, store and send photos and video clips of damage to your insurance company.

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

It is extremely frustrating when ALL of my services depend on ATT Uverse.  FPL restored my power within 12 hours of the storm but I am completely without internet, TV and home phone and no one at ATT has any clue when service might be restored.  I contacted tech support and was routed to an agent somewhere outside the United States.  I explained that I was in South Florida and that we had just experienced a category 3 hurricane.  She checked the line and told me "I'm not showing an ATT outage.  Do you know if there may have been any activity in your area that may have interrupted your service, like maybe digging or something?"  HELLLLO!  WE JUST WENT THROUGH A CAT 3 HURRICANE!  MAYBE THAT COULD BE IT??  That is extremely frustrating!  Maybe during extreme situations like this, ATT could route the calls to people that actually get CNN and The Weather Channel. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've been having problems with my phone for the pass three days now. I can't dial out or receive incoming calls. I can only use my phone under WiFi. I hope this is resolved very soon.

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

@2kidsandus,

This afternoon, AT&T announced that it was waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers and unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers beginning Sept. 12 in impacted Georgia counties and continuing through Sept. 17.

AT&T's Live Response & Updates blog lists the impacted Georgia counties and provides additional information.

- AT&T Community Team

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What about the people in Georgia who got hit with blowback from the hurricane Monday or Tuesday, like my family, who's data won't even load a page without retrying an excessive amount of times. We aren't in what you'd consider an "impacted" county since we live in Chattooga county, but with the wind and rain we got, my data won't load anything and still says it's LTE.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This is not true! I'm an at&t customer in central Florida and have been without power for three days. It probably will still be a while. I received a text from at&t three days ago telling me that they are giving us data talk and text and to basically not worry about the normal data warning texts. And so I did just that and continued monitoring the storm and using up my data, talk and text reaching out to family, power company, etc... and now my data has been choked just like the warning texts said EVEN though at&t told me to ignore them. So my family is now without power, data, low on talk and text and feel completely betrayed. It's unfortunate.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Verizon had no problems and working fine.  I had no reception with AT&T.  I asked several people if their phones were working after Hurricane Irma, those that were had Verizon.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What good is giving unlimited data, talk and text if the service doesn't work? We are in Florida and and had a week without our phone because of the storm while other people with competitors services had no problem. Do you plan in issuing any bill credit? We have 4 lines and they were all useless

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

i live in miami, and the uverse communications has truly sucked. the miami herald had a long article today on on phone and internet service , the only company not providing any guidance was uverse. how disappointing is that? if i were the paranoid type i might think that this is att uverse's way of getting people off uverse and onto direct tv.. but thankfully, i am not the paranoid type.

BUT.. we will remember!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

There has to be a way for AT&T to communicate to its customers either:

A) an ETA of when their particular area outage is expected to be fixed, or

B) an idea of how many customers are affected by their particular outage, to get an idea of how important it is to be fixed quickly, or

C) at the very least, how many customers have currently lost their entire broadband, like me?

It is one thing to need a little time to assess the situation, but this is approaching a 72hr outage, and as yet, I've got nothing.  I am fortunate not to live in the hardest hit FL areas, and yet, unfortunate, because it appears that only FL and certain areas of GA (not mine) are having any thought paid to making up the loss of connectivity to customers.

Let's get together and communicate...

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

ATT just cut my data flow to almost nothing due to reaching my data limit. I've had no power all week in the Florida heat since Hurricane Irma hit. The 1 convenience that I had has just been rendered ineffective. Thanks a pantload ATT! Now I can sit in the dark and wait 10 minutes for a page to load!!!
Looks like it's time to shop other carriers.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.